IGNORED

EtherREGEN: Installation, Usage, Difficulty, Questions thread

1 hour ago, Summit said:

Yes I would need to reorganize my audio system, because I don’t have any unused power outlets left on my power conditioner or on the mains wall outlet close to my audio system. I have lots of unused outlets on my other power conditioner used for my routers, switch etc.

I must say that I find the reaction to my question almost unfriendly. It is a thread for question and I have bought ER and read things like this below and was wondering if it was affecting SQ if using longer cables. I guess now I know better than to ask again here.

The point being that what comes before the isolation--and final clocking "out" to the DAC-connected device--is what will matter much less.  But the cable from that--typically the lone 'B"-side port--will be the one that still matters.  Hence we suggest keeping the EtherREGEN close to the DAC-connected Ethernet renderer (or Ethernet DAC) and using a short, high-quality cable for that connection.

I would advise you to place the ER in the room where you have enough outlets, I did this too. I noticed no difference in sound between 8 and 0,5 meter, so my utility room was an obvious place to put my ER close to my glass-modem and router. I used an 8m Supra cat8 cable to my ultraRendu under the floor. In mine opinion the cable can even be longer, just what you need in your particular situation.

• 4 weeks later...

Lately I hear sometimes a short, but rather strong noise for a few seconds, instead of music. Nothing changed in my system except adding the EtherREGEN, replacing my Netgear switch. An other thing I did more recently, was placing an AC IPurifier just in front of my EtherREGEN stock power supply. I will remove the iPurifier to see if it still happens, but if anyone has a better idea, or is experiencing the same, I would be glad to hear.

31 minutes ago, jos said:

Lately I hear sometimes a short, but rather strong noise for a few seconds, instead of music. Nothing changed in my system except adding the EtherREGEN, replacing my Netgear switch. An other thing I did more recently, was placing an AC IPurifier just in front of my EtherREGEN stock power supply. I will remove the iPurifier to see if it still happens, but if anyone has a better idea, or is experiencing the same, I would be glad to hear.

Removing te AC iPurifier did not help, after removing it I did hear the short noice again. Next thing I will try is another ethernet cable between my router and the ER, because I removed the shielding from one side of the very short Supra cat8.

I am a long time EtherREGEN user (from the first batch on) and I am quite happy with this device, and before that: the good old USB Regen. Support is exceptionality good as everyone knows. I want to mention that before my question: lately, I have some UPnP/DLNA connections problems (stuttering) with Audirvana Studio (AS) and I don't know if AS can solve this, because UPnP/DLNA is a tricky business with different implementations, I haver read. It's quite irritating for some time now, so I can do three things: wait until they solve this, or not, go to ROON, or change my Yamaha Player for the Audio Stack Link 2, or UltraRENDU, I have had before. They say the Link 2 device is also cleaning up the signal, but I am asking myself: is this necessary behind the Etherregen and are there experiences out there? At this moment my Yamaha NP-S303 player is connected as a digital ethernet audiobridge with a QED reference optical cable to my Cord Qutest DAC. This optical connection is also cleaning up, I think. Any opinions out there? 

Thanks in advance!