IGNORED

EtherREGEN: Installation, Usage, Difficulty, Questions thread

JS has explained why the ER B-side is limited to 100 Mbps.  Why was the OM designed with to be gigabit only with no autonegotiation to 100 Mbps?  @vortecjr or @JohnSwenson can you please explain?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

3 hours ago, BigAlMc said:

But any thoughts on anything additional to check or test given that disabling EEE on the server hasn't completely stopped the dropouts?

Here is a quote from an earlier post from @Superdad

Since it is also possible that any directly-connected-to-EtherREGEN 'A'-side router, NAS, etc. might be attempting to negotiate EEE, just turning it off on a directly-attached computer may not completely eliminate the issue for those few who experience it.

You've disabled EEE on your server, but what about your router?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

1 minute ago, BigAlMc said:

WAY better than before.

Well, that's promising.  I'd just leave it until the firmware update is available.

2 hours ago, cool_chris said:

There must be a softwere issue.

Have you read about the upcoming firmware update and problems with EEE in the other EtherREGEN threads?

https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/57586-etherregen-installation-usage-difficulty-questions-thread/?do=findComment&comment=1006536

See earlier posts by Superdad and JohnSwenson in that thread for a discussion of the EEE issue.

4 hours ago, Superdad said:

Well done!  I've never seen a problem identified and fixed this quickly.

• 1 month later...
23 minutes ago, bailyhill said:

The SFP slots are for Uplink to the network

According to the Cisco documentation, the SFP slot can be configured as a normal port (rather than an uplink).  I haven't bothered to read the manual to figure out exactly how to do this.