IGNORED

SGM Taiko Extreme

20 hours ago, dminches said:

Could someone explain to me how vibrations can get into the digital stream and cause issues?  I assume it is actually affecting the electronic stream of bits?

I am not saying it can't affect things; I would just like to understand it better.

Depends where the kit is being operated, domestic homes are low vibration environment... a helicopter is not.. To affect the bit stream would take some serious vibration, clocks can be effected, but even then you'd need a lot of vibration to make a difference that is audible IMO.

For the record, the main difference between Commercial and Industrial components is temperature range, most other things are equal.

16 minutes ago, EuroDriver said:

Each and every clock in a digital device is a source of RF emissions.  The frequency and amplitude of these clock emissions are modulated by

- power supply fluctuations

- vibrations

These RF emissions can be attenuated but they still get everywhere, through the air, piggy backing off the AC supply cables, piggy backing on network cabling

Random modulation of clock emissions are not so harmful, tape noise does not kill the sound of a master tape.  However music signal correlated noise is harmful and needs to be managed to be less harmful.

Why do CD transports have a hard time competing with SOTA Music Servers ? It's the vibrations coming off the CD drive.  Really good CD transports look like turntables for a reason, vibration control

You can do a test with a perfectly optically isolated DAC, you do things to the music PC, and you can hear it

So what you are saying is basically EMC .  The term you use implies more.

Analogue noise such as a tape adds to the analogue signal though and does have an effect on the resulting signal.

I would not have thought the levels of vibration would have such an effect on the clock stability.

As to your last comment, you have problems, big problems if you have an optically isolated DAC and you are still getting EMC issues...