IGNORED

UpTone Audio EtherREGEN Listening Impressions

17 hours ago, sandston said:

With all the positive reviews pouring in for the Etherregen I have taken the plunge and have placed my order. With the ER I am looking to finally update my network / digital front end and am looking for some advice from users on the best upgrade path.

I currently own a first gen Microrendu fed by a pair of TPLink optical modules. I also own two LPS 1.2 Supercap power supplies. I have read and reread the forums along with the comments from Uptone and Sonore regarding their products regarding best implementation practices and I am trying to decide on upgrading to the Ultra or the Optical Rendu. Does the addition of the Etherregen  appear to negate the need for optical isolation making the added cost of the Opticalrendu a worthwhile improvement in sound quality. I understand that this is very subjective but I would love to hear peoples opinions of the two front end chains. Can anyone speak to the MOAT created by the ER negating the need for the optical isolation? Aside from the addition on the optical module to the OR are the OR and the UR otherwise equal? 

Switch > RJ45 > EtherRegen (LPS 1.2) > RJ45 > Ultrarendu (LPS 1.2) > DAC

Switch > RJ45 > EtherRegen (LPS 1.2) > optical cable > Opticalrendu (SGC LPS)

I was having similar doubts and ended up going this way:

Switch - AQ Cinnamon ethernet - Acoustic Revive filter - ultraRendu (Sonore LPS) - WW Starlight USB - ISO Regen (LPS-1.2) - SR Galileo UEF USB.

Switch is next to be replaced by an EtherRegen whenever po$$ible.

IMG_20200124_211121.jpg

1. WiiM Pro - Mola Mola Makua - Apollon NCx500+SS2590 - March Audio Sointuva AWG

2. LG 77C1 - Marantz SR7005 - Apollon NC502MP+NC252MP - Monitor Audio PL100+PLC150+C265 - SVS SB-3000

3. PC - RME ADI-2 DAC FS - Neumann KH 80 DSP

4. Phone - Tanchjim Space - Truthear Zero Red

5. PC - Keysion ES2981 - Truthear Zero Red

• 1 month later...

Austinpop's review is up

1. WiiM Pro - Mola Mola Makua - Apollon NCx500+SS2590 - March Audio Sointuva AWG

2. LG 77C1 - Marantz SR7005 - Apollon NC502MP+NC252MP - Monitor Audio PL100+PLC150+C265 - SVS SB-3000

3. PC - RME ADI-2 DAC FS - Neumann KH 80 DSP

4. Phone - Tanchjim Space - Truthear Zero Red

5. PC - Keysion ES2981 - Truthear Zero Red