IGNORED

UpTone Audio EtherREGEN Listening Impressions

6 hours ago, Johnnydev said:

I've had the paul hynes SR4T here, together with the Farad super 3, both with the orange fuses
On the Etherregen in my setup, my preference is clearly for the Farad super 3

Are you able to describe more thoroughly what made you prefer Farad3 more? This is interesting since I own two Farads, but not EtherRegen, at least not yet :)

• 1 month later...

Yay! Joined aboard the EtherREGEN-train yesterday. Sorry for being late.

Nothing new or fancy in this post but I wanted to comment now that I have had EtherREGEN burning in for about 28 hours now and while I thought to be quite comfortable with my setup pre-ER, having ER installed made me realize there is some good improving potential on the ethernet-side too besides LPS'd JCAT USB XE. And the first impressions so far are "just" with internal clock and stock PSU!

Choo choo!

P.S. Seriously, this site kills your wallet waay worse than Head-Fi (as it's often mentioned there) 😁

• 3 years later...

Just a reminder for myself when I had to "downgrade" my EtherRegen power supply solution earlier this week due to some unknown instability issue with the ER, only for a few days, being originally powered by a UpTone LPS-1.2 with a UpTone AC-DC adapter to a 'UpTone AC-DC adapter only' I lost some of that blacker background, cleaner less grained/-grayish sound and larger sound stage in every direction that LPS-1.2 had provided earlier.

Downgrade time was a let down but it's all good now after reintroducing LPS-1.2 back to my audio system, working 100% again. 

9 hours ago, JHG said:

Would you please let me know what your symptoms were regarding the "instability issue" with your LPS-1.2?  Also, what did you do, if anything, to correct the issue?

Thanks

All I know and can guess, my LPS-1.2 was never the culprit. As for this "downtime" I tried LPS-1.2 powering my Wifi router for the time without any problem and came to conclusion it's not the either LPS-1.2 or ER in fault here. 

This instability issue I had was, or at least it did show up as repeatedly disconnecting/connecting network in ER. Power LED did stay on but both side RJ45-port leds did go off simultaneously for a quick moment. A kind of reboot-loop what comes to my mind.

As a guess of main culprit it most probably had something to do with my BG7TBL-clock and it's affected clock signal output. 

This happened few weeks after installing Minicircuits BLP-10.7+, related or not.

35 minutes ago, audiobomber said:

Are you sure about that? Any router I've looked required at least 2.5A. The LPS-1.2 maximum guaranteed output current is 1.1A.

I only had WAN-cable attached and the router served it's main purpose as a for that day and a half or so. 

Goes within the requirement of Asus RT-AC53 though. 

image.thumb.png.6e1830d83633795f08a066d792faeccc.png

Anyway, I think this is getting in wrong direction..

I just wanted to express my appreciation of having a LPS-1.2 with EtherRegen 😄