It's always a moving list but was wondering if the Qobuz Amazon app is slated for an update?

While one of the most unheralded "streamers" is actually the Amazon Fire & Firestick using Audirvana, it would be great to have a stand alone app to go up against (cough, cough) you know who. 🥶

• 4 months later...

Thought to ask if an update to the Amazon Fire app is in the works?

Many people don't realize the high quality available streaming through it. 

Since optical out is available at 96K, the sound is tremendous excellent quality.

It's a gem not many know but I use streaming from Audirvana this way all the time.

Having a direct option through the Amazon Fire app would be terrific.

31 minutes ago, Cebolla said:

Interesting - presumably you are using Audirvana with the Amazon Fire TV as a UPnP/DLNA streamer.

If so, what app containing a UPnP/DLNA renderer are you running on the Amazon Fire TV (BubbleUPnP, for example)?

Yes, it's AirPlay&UPnP app available for just a few dollars. It runs automatically in the background once you have it downloaded to the Amazon Fire and works seamlessly with Audirvana 3.5 from my laptop. 

Also:

What are you plugging the Fire TV's HDMI output into as the go between, to get optical out (eg TV, AVR, etc)?

How can you be certain that you are getting up to 96kHz sample rate, especially as Amazon Fire TV devices don't support > 16bit/44.1kHz from Amazon's own Amazon Music HD streaming service even though hi-res tracks up to 24bit/192kHz are available?

Are you also able to get a bit depth of 24 bits?

My LG has an optical audio out so this goes directly to the DAC. Then it attaches to uniquely rebuild/remade tube mono blocks. 

I can say that it produces the best sound I've had in my system. The mono blocks are the big driver there but Audirvana & the Amazon Fire make sure it gets there. I can't be certain about the 96kHz sample rate on the other end as there's no reader showing it but I do know that it supports up to the 96KHZ sample rate up to 24 bit. 

https://developer.amazon.com/docs/fire-tv/device-specifications-fire-tv-stick.html

I've also used a direct connection to the DAC with Audirvana and I can say both are excellent.