IGNORED

Article: Amazon Music HD With iOS, macOS, Windows 10, BluOS, and a Sonos Port

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 11:39 PM, Graham Luke said:

Folks shouldn't get upset over 16 bit as opposed to 24; there's nothing extra there that you can hear anyhoo...

Oh!  I get so tired of neh-sayers telling me what I can't hear, what I don't need, hi-res is BS, etc.  I hear differences in resolutions!  So, replace 'You' with 'I', and be done with it!

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 7:05 AM, jdjaye said:

I respectfully disagree— but let’s discuss why in a different forum topic please.

I don’t want to derail the main thread here which is:

“what is the scope and quality of the new Amazon Music HD service and to integrate it into people’s audio systems.”

And I’ll ask the folks want to discuss the value and cost and their judgements of Amazon as a corporate entity to also discuss that in another topic in the forums.

Folks please  let’s keep this topic, on topic- it provides valuable objective information to those who are using or considering using Amazon Music HD.

You're right, of course.  My apologies.  He just hit my hot button.

19 hours ago, Sounds2Good said:

I have been trying Amazon Music HD using an Echo Link connected to the coaxial input of my T+A PDP 3000 HV. I've used both an Echo Dot and the Amazon Music App on my iPhone or iPad to select and play music. The lsound quality is better than both Spotify and Apple Music. Because I'm legally blind I don't always know what sampling rate or bit depth is displayed on the T+A. As I recall the Echo Link is supposed to support "HiRes" up to 24 bit 192 KHz. 

When I auditioned an Aurender N-10 in my system last week, tracks from Tidal  from the Aurender sounded better than the same tracks played from the Echo Link. This was not an exhaustive comparison so there could've been factors such as volume mismatch contributing to the differences I heard.

The Amazon music app is clumsy compared to Spotify or even Apple Music, but since I often speak through my Echo Dot to select music for "casual" listening this isn't a big deal to me.

I believe Amazon is working to open their API to other server vendors such as Aurender, so if that happens more meaningful comparisons for SQ may be possible.

As for Amazon Music HD in the marketplace, this is a positive direction because they have the resources to support the platform and hopefully increase the popularity of at least "CD quality" streaming to more people than audiophiles. If Amazon Music HD leads to more people showing an interest in better sound, we will all benefit in the long run.

Great to finally find another leagally blind person on this site.  Perhaps one day, I can pick your brain to find out about your use of various hi-end sources and/or streamers.

Meanwhile, I'm O.T.  So back to lurking.

• 6 months later...