IGNORED

Article: Subjective: Audeze LCD-4z Headphone Review

I was really keen on purchasing the Audeze 4z before I read Sonis review and this one. What I find baffling is that there is a general consensus that the 4z sounds similar to the LCD-4. I say general consensus because i've now spent countless hours reading reviews and impressions of the 4z and people seems to think they sound similar. Even Audeze claim that they sound similar and they are in fact based on the LCD-4. Yet most people would not describe the LCD-4 the way you and Sonis have described the 4z. Is it not likely then this pair is defective? I can say with confidence having done so much reading around 4z that your impressions do not align with the general public. I'm certainly not saying however that you are not hearing what your are. 

Would it not have been better to audition a new pair of Audeze 4z? By reviewing the same pair you have vindicated Sonis and his review of the 4z and thats great an all... But If you had reviewed a new pair sent by Audeze (which they've offered to send you) at least we can know whether Sonis pair sounds as it should. This would be been much better me thinks. 

Personally I have listened to the LCD-4 at gatherings countless times and never would I describe it as shrill, having loose bass, lacking in detail, sloppy sounding. Yet going back to my point from my extensive reading most people seem to agree that the LCD-4 and 4z sound similar. How is this so? If anyone has an explanation I would love to hear it. 

I don't really see how things add up here... You found the LCD-3 to sound excellent yet the LCD-4 is widely regarded as a better sounding headphone than the LCD-3 and the LCD-4 sounds very similar to the Audeze 4z. This doesn't make sense. 

@Sonis your over dramatisation and use of language is poor. I have no issue with you not liking the Audeze 4z but comparing them to a $2 pair of ear-buds is not constructive. You can say you don't care all you want but you're just as bad as the people that don't take you seriously. Without trying to sound patronising please try and keep it together as someone that represents this website and community.