IGNORED

ALLO USBridge Signature

On 9/30/2019 at 6:26 AM, allo.com said:

USbridge Sig alu cases are in clearance in India , they will start selling this week .

Mounting holes next to RPI connector are compatible with RPI HATs , mounting holes of USBridge corners are compatible with our ALU casing.

USB outputs (USBridge Signature) was our main target . We can assure you , that while this is a 250$ unit , we are fully confident that it will compete with the best of the best (streamers) on USB

Not everyone needs SPIDIF...but if you do , we chose not to reinvent the wheel and make it compatible with Digione.Digione Signature coaxial/BNC digital outputs (that was tested as the lowest jitter device on ASR forum)

At last...Ethernet itself was made to be very quiet. In fact we have 5 LDOs feeding the Axis IC with independent power rails . In addition , we have placed filtering after the isolation transformer with components that just came out last year (common mode chokes for GB Ethernet for noisy auto environments)

I'm assuming they cases are still stuck in customs as I don't see them on the website yet? Any ETA?

[br]QNAP+ -> Allo DigiOne Signature -> RequisiteAudio D3rs ->  McIntosh C52 -> McIntosh MC-275 MK VI -> Harbeth 30.1's via Roon

• 2 weeks later...

Just received my USBridge Sig and installed my DigiOne Sig. looks like there’s a DietPi update but I also noted the comment about the Ethernet driver. Anyone know if the latest update includes the correct Ethernet driver?

Also am I correct in thinking that in order to swap between USB and DigiOne I first need to charger the sound card setting in the Allo GUI before I can change the output device in Roon? If so that seems a tad clunky!

[br]QNAP+ -> Allo DigiOne Signature -> RequisiteAudio D3rs ->  McIntosh C52 -> McIntosh MC-275 MK VI -> Harbeth 30.1's via Roon

My USBridge Sig won’t play upsampled DSD. My previous USBridge happily played PCM upsampled to DSD128 into my McIntosh C52. I’ve tried DietPi and Ropieee but no luck. Anyone else able to upsample to DSD? My C52 doesn’t indicate a DSD signal but shows PCM 352.8. 

57 minutes ago, allo.com said:

Hi

so you are sending DSD 128 to your C2 ? From what you report , it seems that you are sending DOP 128 = PCM 352.8

@allo.com - Roon is set to upsample to DSD128 and the USBridge Sig is configured as DSD over PCM in Roon. (Which if memory serves me right is how my USBridge was configured and it played & indicated DSD 128 perfectly)

Just now, allo.com said:

Hi Dmormerod

I am not quite sure why it used to showed DSD 128 before, but DOP 128 (DSD over PCM) is PCM 352.8 (with DSD 128 inside the PCM)

It seems that it functions correctly .

USbridge Sig will work with lower A but we never tried at 1.1A (will do so in near future)

Well it's not functioning as there is no sound.  But also why would the USBridge support DSD128 and the USBRidge Sig not in my system? That's a backwards step, not an upgrade!

Just now, allo.com said:

I did not realize there is no sound .

OK can you check in Usbridge Sig (not sure what OS you have) that you have enabled DSD native ?

I have an support ticket open with Sudeep so hopefully it will get sorted.  I've tried Ropieee & DietPi, both gave the same result.

1 hour ago, allo.com said:

I did not realize there is no sound .

OK can you check in Usbridge Sig (not sure what OS you have) that you have enabled DSD native ?

FYI in case anyone else hits a similar issue. It looks like the problem was the volume set in Alsamixer. It was set to 25, upping to 100 suddenly means the C52 is now reporting DSD128. Thanks to the guys at Allo Support who helped figure this out.

• 8 months later...

I've been running Ropieee for a while but figured I'd maybe try the latest DietPi to see if there's any difference.  Before I do, does anyone know If the latest DietPi version includes the correct ASIX driver or do you still need to manually install?