IGNORED

ALLO USBridge Signature

Hi @allo.com

Very excited to get my hands on USBridge Sig after having used USBridge for over an year now.

I just switched over from my USBridge to USBridge Signature, unfortunately, I am hearing drop-outs from time to time on 44.1 PCM and with DSD I am hearing a lot of dropouts. I am running diet-pi with HQP NAA over a wired network and everything else in the setup is same as it was with USBridge.

FYI: USBridge was running DSD 512 over HQP NAA with zero dropouts all these days.

Should I be doing an OS Update?

PC (Roon +  HQ Player) | Allo US Bridge Sig + Shanti LPS | SOTM TX-USB Ultra + SPS500 PSU| T+A Dac 8 DSD | Luxman C-900u + M-900u | PMC MB2 Se

6 hours ago, allo.com said:

Hi

we will check the issue , in our setup there are 0 dropouts. I think the issue is related to DietPI

India is on holiday until Wednesday , I am trying to get the tech team to take a look at it. What DAC are you using ?

Thank you. I am using T+A Dac 8 DSD. As mentioned earlier, it was working fine with USBridge all these days.

PC (Roon +  HQ Player) | Allo US Bridge Sig + Shanti LPS | SOTM TX-USB Ultra + SPS500 PSU| T+A Dac 8 DSD | Luxman C-900u + M-900u | PMC MB2 Se

On 10/6/2019 at 8:03 PM, allo.com said:

Hi

I spoke briefly to the main engineer .

USbridge Sig has the latest linux kernel , old USBridge has a old kernel that we have patched for many DACs.

Even with the latest kernel we might need to patch some DACs drivers.

On DietPI , tested speed is 512 DSD and rock solid. If you have a issue with dropped signal (thats not related to ethernet) that means your DAC might need patching .

I think tech support is in touch with Ronnie and I have asked for PM to tintinabum

Yes, I am working with support to sort out the issue. Will update here, once it's sorted out.

• 2 months later...
On 12/22/2019 at 11:28 PM, clipper said:

For anyone who is interested - 

antonellocaroli, the developer of GentooPlayer, posted download links to versions of GentooPlayer that work well with Allo's great USBridge Signature.

There are also some installation/setup instructions later in the thread.  

My personal recommendation is to try the 32-bit version, because antonellocaroli is still working on adding features to the 64-bit version.  The 32-bit version is currently more full featured.  For instance, ramdisk mode is fully implemented in the 32-bit version.  When the 64-bit version is done, that could likely be the one to use. 

Thank you for suggesting GentooPlayer. I was struggling to get my USB Sig to play DSD files without clicks and pops. 

I just tried Gentoo and it's playing perfectly all the way to 512 without any clicks or pops. I tried most of the OSes suggested on this thread and the only other OS that worked glitch free was Ropiee, but I couldn't install HQP on it and it didn't sound as good with Roon bridge.

Thanks again Clipper for the suggestion.