IGNORED

Article: Amazon Music HD Launches

16 hours ago, Jud said:

We were talking about Amazon.... I see absolutely no reason to think Amazon would go to the trouble of changing what they receive from the labels, for better or worse. Everything about the service (for example, not bothering with bit perfect but just using whatever your player/computer/device setting is) says they are just getting the tracks and putting them out there, period.

You're absolutely right however it's not about going to any trouble. Amazon are good at pushing new stuff out on their website, but not so good at checking/ensuring quality, as evidenced by the millions of 1 star reviews. More specifically regarding Amazon music files I regularly find albums which are linked to wrong/missing digital versions while they can be found on their site by other search methods, so I'd definitely want to check any HD/UD files are as advertised, at least until they establish some credibility. It is the responsibility of the advertiser at least in UK/Europe to ensure the goods are as advertised and correct any mistakes, but mis-selling still happens. This applies to other music websites too. The good thing about Amazon is their no quibble returns policy and product reviews. But like others I don't think the portents are good for consumers: choice is good, monopoly is bad :S

Latest comments indicate Amazon HD is streaming only, downloads are in mp3. I'd be very unhappy to have paid any money for the service if this is true and not a technical/start up glitch.

🎸🎶🏔️🐺