IGNORED

Solar charged battery system providing electricity for audio system

On 8/13/2019 at 9:38 PM, Jud said:

If you’re in the US (and very likely other developed countries), by law your grid power cannot be “atrocious.” It actually has to conform to extremely tight specifications, tighter than all but a very few inverters, and at least equal to the best available inverters (as of mid to later 2017, anyway). This isn’t some general average specification, it’s a minimum requirement.

So I’d look elsewhere. Perhaps due to no need for transformers or ac/dc conversion internally. Or perhaps the power actually measures worse but sounds better to you. Impossible to know, and in any case I’m certainly no expert.

Your grid power may be good at it's source, or an area transformer, but it can be polluted by a nearby source before it gets to your home. I found this out when I had excess DC on my line causing my amp to hum and determined it wasn't coming from inside my building (I'm in a semi-detached).  Never did determine the outside source, but it had to be relatively close to have an effect, and put a DC reducer on my line.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

2 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

off the grid also means far from fire trucks and ambulances - we see old people doing it all the time here, and later regretted

Firedog - are you interested in re-posting that interesting event in the Noise Source thread?

I’m not participating in that thread, but feel free to quote whatever you want.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)