IGNORED

Solar charged battery system providing electricity for audio system

1 hour ago, sandyk said:

Lighting can be run off DC as well. Perhaps it's time to introduce a range of devices for Off Grid homes that are specifically designed to work directly from a D.C. source

I have been thinking of this many many times. So Alex, mind you, I would be able to create it all. The goal would be no converter losses (but the transport from the battery of the lower voltage would not be very efficient IMO).

Still I sofar decide it is undoable. Too many apparatus not working. It would almost need individual upconversion from (say) 48V to 240V (like in-car converters would do so from 12V).

Microwave, electric oven, monitors, TVs (say not my still to tweak), a million streamer like thingies (all 12 or 5V internally of course), the (stove) hoover, the heating system's pump and ignition/control circuitry, the relax bank's motor, the fridges (my beer !!!) and freezer, the garden tools (if not all on batteries by now already), the car battery charger, the cooling fans, the aircos, the ... 

I will stop there because my mood gets depressed.

But sure - hardly anything runs on 240V / 120V inherently. So it surely feels as doable.

Something else is that I don't like the risk. Thus, invest a couple of 10K and then "my sound" has gone. Then what ?

So far no batteries (or pure sine generators) satisfied me.

It would also put special constraints on my due illegal distillery. I mean, do you see me asking that Aussie supplier/manufacturer for a 48V appliance ? If it were an American Smoker BBQ it would be an other thing.

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

12 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

Such risks are hardly "well documented."

I'd like to consult a dermatologist.

Of course one with digibetes. 

XXHighEnd (developer)

7 minutes ago, Nsxturbo said:

so whether I’m using my Phasure NOS1 with all the factory upgrades or my Chord M Scaler and Dave directly driving my 115db/w Orphean Horns, with highly resolving open baffle mid bass and subwoofers, The improvement my off the grid power power gave my system really stunned me, like “jaw hanging wide open, listen to your whole music library again!” stunning! 

Yo Todd - long time ! ... But the question is, does it fit in your NSX. Or the Porsche, for that matter.

Just kidding. Great to see you around.

Peter

XXHighEnd (developer)