IGNORED

ALLO Shanti Power Supply

On 11/19/2019 at 8:05 AM, ambre said:

Somebody compared the Shanti with the Sbooster 5v, 3A ? Ps
prices in the EU are approx €299,00 for the Sbooster.

curious the hear.

I picked up my Shanti today, and I have both the first and the second SBooster so I will compare them after some days of use. 

• 2 weeks later...

Now what can I say after some 200 hrs break in. It's just extremely good in every way. Ultrasmooth, quiet, clean, gives a black background with very good 3D feeling. It actually took about 200 hrs for it to break in, and before that it could be a little frustrating because it could be a little nervous sounding in the upper frequencies. But when it settled it did that for good. Now it is so entertaining Iistening to the USBridge / DigiOne Signature. 

Only downside is that it takes a lot of time to power down. 

Anyone knows how long the capasitors used in this will last? Do you guys leave it on 24/7?

2 hours ago, allo.com said:

The capacitors (elec) working temp was something that we took in consideration since beginning. In fact more caps are rated at 1000h 105C. Every 10C less doubles the life of caps

Shanti at full load is around 45C inside ...so 1000 x 2x2 x2 x2 x2 = 32k H = 4 years

However at no load Shanti is at 35C (dont remember the exact number) = 8 years

Are those caps common and easily available 8-10 years from now you think?

I guess it's important to turn it off when not in use for a longer period of time.