IGNORED

Article: My New Speakers Have Arrived!

10 hours ago, Superdad said:

Thanks for clarifying.  I hope you know I was mostly just kidding Chris.

But honestly, even if you were making some barter arrangements, I would see nothing unethical in that. Trading ad space for discount is not at all the same as trading for a good review. That’s a completely different line which I know you would never cross.

Of course what prompted my speculative comment in the first place is that the largest size ad I’ve even seen on this site just happened to appear the same week as the announcement of your speaker selection. It really begged the question—even if it is none of our business. B|

“Mostly just kidding “

I’m surprised at your penned thoughts.  So as a reviewer of anything one should never purchase or own any anything’s?

Quite frankly I would take advantage of an opportunity to own a pair of something’s for less wether a barter or qualifying discount. 

And I feel one could better evaluate electronics in a quality 2 Channel listening room.  

My System TWO SPEAKERS AND A CHAIR

So I have a question for you . . .

I assume your room analysis  measurements show the normal bass issues that are part of all Two Channel listening rooms.  What are/did you doing/do to address those opportunities?

I'm admiring your project Chris. 

7 minutes ago, rickca said:

I'm surprised such big speakers don't need more distance from the walls to sound their best.

And I am completely convinced they could sound better in a larger room....

I am also convinced that once set up in that smaller room they will completely vanish and leave , in their place, a wonderful hologram of artist and original recorded  room sound. 

7146F9DE-6C91-442B-ABAD-7E1EC36CD414.jpeg

319B035E-1AE8-4B0F-B804-DB54742A18D2.jpeg

23 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

The thing with my room is that nobody has any clue until they are here. It isn’t a symmetrical space or even a space that’s a square, rectangle, or L shape etc...

Everybody I’ve talked to (acoustic engineers) has said all bets are off because of the shape of the room. Meaning, none of them can predict the sound like they can with a standard shape. 

After the final setup I will post measurements and have my measurements below all my reviews. 

Are your walls (front/back & left side/right side) parallel?

20 hours ago, STC said:

What a wonderful opportunity. It would be great learning experience if you had made a binaural recording of your reference track at LP of the TAD and compare them with the subsequent recordings with Wilson and tuning progress. 

It it may not be useful for others but the recording would provide a reference to you and know where you were heading towards the perfection. You will have instantaneous AB comparison and can always revert to a particular setup based on  which one of them really sounded good to you despite what the measurement says. 

Just sharing my opinion. 

As I have followed I don’t remember the TAD’s in the new room optimized at any point as the path Chris is on now with Wilsons and room treatment . . . so not sure the value of the ab comparison.  

13 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Still not the wide path you are on with the Wilsons and room treatment.  

The drivers in the TADs , like the drivers in the Wilsons , disperse.   In the above photo you are not addressing timing issues, first reflections, as you are in your new set up.  

This is is exactly why I feel an ab comparison is of no value.  

25 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

The acoustic diffusers and absorbers went in shortly after that article. 

So.... Now I’m thinking.  

You have two different , somewhat, approaches to helping you set up your speakers in your room.  The first people used, as you said, some of the same voicing technics to place the TADs as did the folks from Wilson.   With that said I would assume the baffles of the Wilsons are likely in a near identical spot (distance from front wall) as the TADs were.  Please tell me if I’m accurate.

What are you thinking about your approach to bass room management?