IGNORED

Article: My New Speakers Have Arrived!

53 minutes ago, Superdad said:

Perhaps you'll be finalizing the terms of your trade?

You could have had your speakers done in yellow to match...:P

I had a witty mock remonstration you probably would have enjoyed.  Personally doing a headphone review while suffering this level of anticipation.  It might have been a straw too far.  

Forecast looks clear and dry for the relocation.  Sunshine after rainy days is always a relief.  🔌🔊🏁

2 hours ago, vortecjr said:

What’s needed here is a break in party:)

Would you believe the police here are so nice that once you've asserted commitment.  They register you for elite services where you can win all sorts of special prizes on each and every visit.  🚔     🎰    🚔

@The Computer Audiophile "Arrest Me Red" was a good choice for the new listening room.  Stay cool up there this weekend.

Spitballing here.

Rev. 1 to office space remodel is greenlit after discovering an unforeseeable physical component vital to occupant's livelihood is dependent on ability to reclaim a void space.  Temporarily, with failsafes implemented to offset any and all safety related measures impacted (which would remain in place under normal conditions). 

Have to admit this would be a last resort for most.  At this point I'm reasonably confident the schizophrenic room dimensions and too big speakers will overwhelm in a good way without making room to dance.  

Well, at least the speakers being too big was riffing off that, unwise and quite unfair. 😇, sentiment a few have gone across the grain baldly expressing.  I have no opinion on the matter, valid or invalid.

As for the rest.  My ideas are not directly relevant to your decision making.  Nor should they be.  Nothing is simple here and whether you realize it or not that asks a very enjoyable actively developing set of questions.  Oh so very important to you right now questions that are going to live on the internet for anyone else starting afresh to see solutions to when facing a similar space them self. :)

Instinct is to want to remove your banister to float a chair and push the speakers where they should normally go.  Maybe even go back and smack whoever didn't build stairs outside the structure.  All bets are off if that would matter one nit in the finale.  Where safe money lies on (possibly) rejiggering acoustic panels and trusting when the assembled ears find joy.  

They came with casters installed and spikes in the toolkit.  The manual quite sensibly suggests carefully laying the speaker on its side to switch them out.

I've been waiting expectantly to see if the Wilson installer arrives carrying one of their Wilson speaker jacks or goes by the book.  Practiced skill vs customer ease of mind.  This is a serious question if @The Computer Audiophile cares to address it in his article.