IGNORED

The ultimate Power Supply Units for music servers (and other devices for cleaner power source)

While looking around in the audio diy supply store of audiophonics, I came across this Female Socket Jack DC 5.5 / 2.1mm for PCB which looks identical to jack socket on my nuc7i7dn. Not only for the nuc’s but barrel jack connectors are use a lot in audio.

I noticed that the contect resistance is max 30mohm. That is not so good if we pay big bucks for power supply’s to get low impedance.

https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/jack-dc-plugs/female-socket-jack-dc-55-21mm-for-pcb-gold-plated-p-14073.html

1454C081-0E66-47E7-B7EE-C8188651E86C.jpeg.c6e9009cf1767b2628681415d69fb83f.jpeg

I say try to avoid barrel jack connectors!!

Meitner ma1 v2 dac,  Sovereign preamp and power amp,

DIY speakers, scan speak illuminator.

Raal Requisite VM-1a -> SR-1a with Accurate Sound convolution.

Under development:

NUC7i7dnbe, Euphony Stylus, Qobuz.

Modded Buffalo-fiber-EtherRegen, DC3- Isoregen, Lush^2

25 minutes ago, marce said:

That is electrical contact resistance, not the power supplies internal impedance. At 1 amp current you'll drop 30mV (at the max. figure), just add this figure to the drop on the cable (determined by the cable's  resistance) and you'll have your total voltage drop from supply to load.

What I meant is if you have a power supply with an output impedance of say 5 mohm, a cable 1mohm and a barrel connector of 30 mohm wouldn’t be 36 mohm at the nuc circuit?

I am just wondering but some of us, not me, buy expensive power supplies and there is always talk about the low impedance of it. Then they use these barrel connectors which seem a high impedance connection. 

Meitner ma1 v2 dac,  Sovereign preamp and power amp,

DIY speakers, scan speak illuminator.

Raal Requisite VM-1a -> SR-1a with Accurate Sound convolution.

Under development:

NUC7i7dnbe, Euphony Stylus, Qobuz.

Modded Buffalo-fiber-EtherRegen, DC3- Isoregen, Lush^2