IGNORED

Simple low tech tweaks

Sometimes you just need a good ac power cable. No idea how this sounds on anything but the Supra power strip I got for the server closet (another relative bargain at $69) but everything sounds better, it's well made, and came in the length I needed (but not much more), and gets great reviews. Felt a Supra at $125 would have been overkill. 

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B002WPMGOY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

All of Herbie's stuff is good imo, but if you want to save some $ then just buy sheets and cut your own. I have grunge busters under all the legs of the (reinforced) Ikea cabinet I use for the hifi, everywhere. I have precut dbNeutralizer rounds under the cheap cones I got for my Rega speaker spikes. Work great. 

https://herbiesaudiolab.com/collections/system-isolation/products/damping-sheet

https://herbiesaudiolab.com/collections/loudspeaker-rack-decoupling-and-isolation/products/thin-fat-dot?variant=12645163696183

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

I also did some cable dressing this week and got a good lift. Finally got the DIN cable between my Naim amp and DAC to stop playing the radio! A big problem with Naim here in hilly Seattle populated by radio towers. Overall everything sounding really good. Now to get a few odds and ends sold on ebay and pick up that new Sonore power supply for my microrendu (not a cheap tweak, but not crazy either). 

Be sure to assemble your tinfoil hat by daylight though! ;)