IGNORED

Rendu Support Thread

Hello!

I just got my first UltraRendu in the mail today, and hooked it up using my LPS1.2 power supply.  I'm having some problems accessing the UltraRendu UI. 

- Doesn't appear to work on Mac OS X Mojave (10.14). When I type http://sonicorbiter.com into the browser, it gets to the UI, but shows no devices there to manage.

- When browsing the UI from my iPad and Windows 7 box, it works fine -- The UltraRendu shows up to manage

- All devices are on the same network

- I disabled the Mac firewall, and it still doesn't work.

Any ideas?

46 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

So you know the IP address then. Why not type that into your Safari on Mac?

Where is your DHCP server located ?

Probably a good idea to assign a fixed IP address. 

Using the IP address directly works fine as well. However, it should work fully using the hostname, and doesn't.  I'm not sure if Apple changed something again in their mdns implementation for Mojave, or why else this would not work.

Just now, R1200CL said:

Where can you add hostname ? Is that a new feature of SonicOrbiter ?

What I mean is that you are supposed to be able to browse to http://sonicorbiter.com from a browser on your LAN (which does work).  From there, you are supposed to be able to see the network devices it discovers.  In my case, seeing the discovered devices from that page only works on iOS and Windows, but not Mac OSX Mojave.

Well, I figured it out, sort of. The computer I was talking about has two NICs, one is hard wired for work on a totally different network. One is wireless and on the same network as the Sonore. When I unplug the hard wire connection, it works! 

My my guess is that it is because my default gateway is out the hard wired side, and I bet the UI uses multicast DNS to do the discovery. The multicast DNS query is probably going out the hard wired side and is never seen. Oh well, at least now I know it isn’t a Mac or Sonore problem