IGNORED

Rendu Support Thread

What is the screen shot command for an ipad2. You can understand why I gave this thread its title ;)

Push and hold the off button at the side and within 1-2sec push the round button on the screen side frame. You will hear the shutter sound. The screenshot is saved in Pictures.

Tip: One additional thing you might try (at least it has helped me);

If you download the Fing app for IOS (free), you might set this up with descriptive designations (within Fing) for all mac addresses (or IP) for your current network. After re scan it is so easy to organize and keep control of which nodes that are alive or not (printable). Also Fing has a built in WoL feature.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm not sure if the Synology will work this way. However, the unit needs the internet access to work properly.

If you configure one of the LAN's correctly (depending on the model) and download the DHCP server from the Package center your NAS can provide IP address to the uRendu.

I have the library, Roon server, BubbleUPnP server and Minimserver installed on my 713+

This works with the uRendu without the router.

The trouble start when you want to hook up the Roon control point via wifi. One way is to connect the other LAN to the DHCP server (router).

Hi,

I have the üRendu with the latest firmware onboard (v.2.6).

I continue to get errors when connecting to an USB DAC. Have tried two different DAC’s and two different (short) USB cables. Sometimes the Diagnostic app recognize any of the two DAC’s as generic, but normally not (just says connect your DAC). Correct DAC input (USB) is selected. Different power scemes and unplugging doesn’t seem to make a difference.

Please see appended screenshot.

Please advice.

EDIT:

Two more screenshots showing that once every now and then it works.

Then I shut down the uR and restart it - back to square one regarding lost DAC :(

When one DAC is dicovered, all DACS are discovered and vice versa, so it is not the DAC, nor the cable that pose a problem.

59B45C98-34DD-49F5-9A6D-003F9D56A7D0.png

25374236-A672-44EA-A5E5-3D454887DB46.png

E8078BD2-8D7A-48D5-A536-0140A052BAEB.png

No ideas, Jesus?

Spent the whole afternoon troubleshooting.

Used custom DAC, reporting hw:0,0 in settings when connection is successful. hw:0,0 defaults the output device to USB (non-selectable).

This is how it looks like when it works and then it is stable until reboot.

This is driving me nuts and I want to throw it out of my window! ?

52C08AD0-B4B1-42E4-8B51-8D811B566745.png

56609C1B-63A3-4A18-8F89-27803B960E38.png

1 hour ago, vortecjr said:

It's just the way Linux works and not all DACs are created equally. My DAC does not have this issue. 

I would have understood it if the behavior was the same each and every time, but I connect to two different DAC’s and the behavior is exactly the same. The successful rate seems random, but when one DAC is found, the second one is also found. If I interchange the USB cables to both DACS while detection is successful the second one is instantly found and the connection remains stable.

When unsuccessful the DAC’s are never found whatever I do. It seems that the üR never initiates any discovery if unsuccessful during startup.

The only option is to restart the üR numerous times and just hope it connects......

Are you saying that my network influence üR DAC-discovery on it’s USB output?

üR always turn up in Fing with the same IP given by DHCP and always respond when I ping it. My high capacity network is pretty solid so this will be surprising.

I have also tried connecting the üR directly to my router.

I have tried many DAC’s and the most successful was the Chord Mojo.