IGNORED

The Environmental thread + Conventional (HI-FI) wisdom is almost always invariably wrong

2 hours ago, semente said:

Yes. Bags, toys, clothes, bottles, useless stuff in general.

Some of us are stuck with using plastic products every day... Had an ECO warrier ranting at me in the street because I said I had to use plastic products every day and there was no alternative for me at this time...

The problem with other plastics is that probably every consumer product has some plastic in it and said products are not built to last... I can remember my childhood, when plastic products first appeared and where considered cheap, but then we had milkmen, so mild bottles were recycled, you paid a deposit for your pop bottles, and wrapped your bacon in paper... Have we progressed?

Looking round my kitchen (counting the things that don't have plastic in them... plates, cups etc. everything else has some plastic), I think a better alternative would be to develop plastics that do degrade or use plastics that can be reused and have some form of encouragement to get them re-cycled.  Something like Tomra do in Norway is a good start:

https://www.tomra.com/en-gb

Reverse vending machines.

I have a plastic bag fastened to my side 24/7😣 and a plastic bag every night with no viable alternative at the moment so have to live with a bag for life.😀

• 4 months later...