IGNORED

Sonore Linear Power Supply

1 hour ago, R1200CL said:

Why not add a Vbus Power interface in next model 😀 ?

54 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

This PS is so “bad” it can’t even power the LPS-1 / 1.2. 

What does that even mean?!   Are you commenting about the PS that Sonore is teasing?  How can you say anything about it with no specs announced?  And why even would you want to consider powering your UltraCap LPS-1/LPS-1.2 units with this Sonore supply?  What will that get you?  It sure would not raise the continuos output current capability of the UltraCap models past what they have always been capable of.

You are not making much sense today Andreas, and you are just antagonizing Sonore and UpTone. (I see Jesus deleted all you giant photos in your off-topic post about heat measured with a glass meat thermometer. :S)

@vortecjr‘s point about advising against a VBUS injector after the opticalRendu is because the 5VBUS out of their new piece is very good. You would have to replace that with an LT3045 DIY board to equal that.

I am sorry that it has turned out that the opticalRendu by itself requires a full 1A of current—at least during boot, it drops much lower afterwards—and that means that DACs drawing much VBUS current put the combo over the ampacity of the UltraCap units you already own.  But that’s where it stands.

1 hour ago, Ishmael Slapowitz said:

..Did you expect Sonore to design the opticalRendu around your product?😯

Of course not.  But there are literally several thousand UltraCap units out in the field--with hundreds of them being used with microRendus and ultraRendus.  So a lot of those users who are considering upgrading to an opticalRendu may be disappointed that powering it with their already owed UltraCap supply is right on the border.

You may not be aware that John Swenson does the hardware engineering for both the Sonore Rendu series and for all UpTone products. A lot went on behind the scenes with efforts to reduce the current consumption of the opticalRendu--that's part of why it's production was delayed. Now it appears that use of an UltraCap supply with the opticalRendu may be hit-or-miss, depending both on s/w mode it is in and VBUS load on its output.  That's life.

All that said, I do wish Sonore well with the new power supply that is the topic of this thread.  I'm sure it will be quite nice. Choice is good. :D