IGNORED

Bob Stuart launches blog to explain MQA

1 hour ago, Em2016 said:

And don't be fooled by the price tag of this inexpensive DAC either... per JA's measurements, it's measures close to state of the art...

MQA fully aside, there is very competent Engineering in this DAC for very good price... And fortunately, the MQA filter has no effect on non-MQA files with this DAC, per JA's measurements...

680797122_ScreenShot2019-03-16at8_58_50am.png.3d85aa8c2280d1008c1d4315ffdf6254.png

Are You suggesting that this little overachiever is putting a show against the known heavyweights like dcs, totaldac, MSB and alike..? Soundwise that is. If so, I beg to disagree. Near SOTA digital performance is not the same as saying it sounds as good. In audio "nearly as good" can mean all the difference in the World.

All in all it is lovely design and well worth the money.

Just saying. 

Jussi Arvio

Contributing Editor

Hifimaailma Magazine

1 hour ago, Em2016 said:

Ah, gotta love the internet. 

Not sure what I said that makes you think this... Context is very important. Have a look at what I have quoted above - I was only replying to very specific comments (which I quoted above), like "And I'm still skeptical about the Pro-Ject." and "I find it hard to believe the same type of resources were invested that little inexpensive DAC from Pro-Ject."

Price is not always the best indicator of measured performance. And note I only commented on measured performance... I never commented about sound quality... (subjective performance). JA's measured performance is what is is and he said (his words, not mine...) it measures almost state of the art... that's all I have quoted.

I'm a little more careful than to go down the path you thought I went 😉

You are right, my bad, I am sorry 😌...

Jussi Arvio

Contributing Editor

Hifimaailma Magazine

9 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

did you/your colleagues do a comparison listening session?

if so, is it posted somewhere?

Yes, it was tested, listened and measured on our Magazine 05/2017. It measured well as Mr Atkinson stated. It is a price point product and a very good one I might add.   

The article can be purchased online:

https://www.lehtiluukku.fi/esikatselu/hifimaailma-05-2017/157172.html

Jussi Arvio

Contributing Editor

Hifimaailma Magazine