IGNORED

Article: LessLoss Echo’s End Reference DAC Full Review

5 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

$314.89 x2 = $629.78 for the two DAC boards

$19,628.00 - $629.78 = $18,998.22 left over for the rest of the parts and the engineering, custom programming they say they did, etc...

Basically, 19K for the rest of it. Is it worth that much?

Only a true audiophile with style can answer DAC dat. 

11 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

I love the wood enclosure, the build quality of the internals looks outstanding as well. I was glad to see they had a unit at 1/4th the price as well.  That's more my style!

And, they also have a higher end style one for $34,000

* I like your use of the word "style". 

Archimago brought an essential point; in any subjective audio review of an audio product, particularly when for the majority of us it takes few years of savings, any sensitive audiophile would love to see measurement graphs in real life's performance...on the test bench in addition to a set of ears. It is the least we can ask for as well aware audiophiles. 

20 minutes ago, Danny Kaey said:

Certainly something you can ask for; that said, I’m not an audiophile and I’m certainly not an aware audiophile. The last few feet of HiFi (from the cone of your speaker to your ears) is all subjective anyway so even if a set of measurements where provided, who’s to say that you or I won’t hear otherwise. Psychologically speaking, the power of suggestion is immensely powerful a force. 

Yes I understand. It's just that we like to have more food in our plates, so we can taste and eat more after a hard day's work @ the office pushing pencils. ☺️

25 minutes ago, Danny Kaey said:

Man, where have you been bro? 20k is chump change in high-end land these days. I’m not even joking. 

True, it's small peanuts for most of us. It's just that we also like to think about the ones below us; the regular audiophile clientele. 

Anyway, money is irrelevant today in most rich societies. 

Serious question regarding the casing: Would it influence the audio signal a wood enclosure versus an aluminum/metal enclosure? ...Say in an audio rack in proximity of other audio components and in the vicinity of audio interconnects, AC power cords and outlets, etc. ...Even a display nearby, or a laptop. 

I thought the latest ESS Sabre DAC was the best. 

Anyway, it's the sound that counts, coming out from the measurements and the measured loudspeakers...the entire connection. ...The synergy of the implementation of all parts...big and small...everything's important, even our bank accounts, and cable transfers.