IGNORED

A Most Apropos Quote

Wow, I think this is incredibly snobby and closed minded:

Listen only to songs, and on crappy ear buds? So what? What do you think almost everyone did in the 50’s and early 60’s - they listed to AM radio that sounded like crap on transistors and car radios, and played singles. 

Do you think those people didn’t/couldn’t enjoy appreciate music? Do you actually think only the people listening to their one classical station on FM could appreciate music? 

Someone owns a modern player piano but doesn’t play it, only listens to it? So what? How is that any less “music loving” than an audiophile who listens to a recording of a piano? I’d say it’s a superior experience, as they are listening live to an acoustic instrument playing in their space. I wish I had a room big enough for such a piano and the cash to buy one. 

Most people with audiophile systems and large music collections who love listening also don’t play instruments. What has that got to do with loving music? 

Most people today, not just young people, don’t devote exclusive time to listening to music. They listen to it as background, and prefer headphones/earbuds for the private experience. That’s the world we live in. It’s different than the world 40 years ago. 

I do know young people who very much are involved with the music they like and know all about it and the performers of it. They don’t relate to music the same way we did, but to say they “don’t have music in their lives” is ridiculous. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)