IGNORED

Gustard DAC-X20 Is there a reset switch or something?

KbDeWizard

Question

4 answers to this question

@Quadman Thank you for responding.  Everything is fine now.  I may not had it unplugged long enough the first time, so your 30 second solution may be the correct one.  However  let me add what I did do so if it comes up again you can reference my experience.

I flipped the 110 220 switch a couple of times.  I removed the cover and detached the ribbon power cables to the each of the 2 boards. 

Put back together and it was ok   My thinking  with the ribbon cable was that there was " flea power" being transmitted enough to hold a bad setting.  As an audiophile you may be able to hear me grasping at straws.  LOL  I did not want to have to buy a New DAC.  At about 900.00 bucks, that's a lot for a working stiff .  Anyways thanks for your response.  I hope to be back soon and hopefully contribute; if only my opinion.  Take care  

Well good job, most people would never open the dac and do what you did.  I was the first person to get this dac to play DSD512 way back.  I used a third party USB to I2S board and tapped into the dac's internal I2S lines (this was before the Singxer SU-1 and other DDC's could do that).  Also preformed some heavy mod's to the dac which greatly improves its SQ. It is a very good sounding dac and from all my probing it almost bombproof.  Good Luck.