IGNORED

Streamers ranked by sound quality

2 hours ago, barrows said:

Just getting back to work after a successful show at RMAF.  Many who heard the system in the Sonore room remarked that it was one of the best sounding set ups at the show (and many of those folks came back to listen to our system again), unfortunately, due to a family tragedy at the last minute, we were understaffed and I had little time to hear much else, but our system did sound very fine to me.  We used the following set up:

Small Green Computer I9 server (playing local files) with Sonore optical Ethernet card (premier of this new product)-optical fiber cable-

Sonore Signature Rendu SEoptical-Sonore USB cable-

Bricasti M21 DAC-Cardas Clear XLR cable-

Bricasti M25 amplifier-Cardas Clear speaker cable-

Vivid Audio Kaya 45 speakers

We were running ROON core on the server, and controlling via an iPad and ROON remote.  By using optical Ethernet, our system completely isolates any electrical noise from the server and the sonic purity gained from using optical Ethernet is a nice step up from a copper wire based approach.  The clarity of the midrange on vocals, for example, was amazing (the Vivid speakers really have the resolution to demonstrate this well) while sounding entirely natural without any hint of brightness or hardening, even when vocalists such as Alison Kraus are pushing it.  And the spacial presentation and dynamic expression was outstanding, a testament to the eerily low level of noise in the system.  It is quite remarkable to hear how much better things can be when the electrical noise from commercial computer gear is entirely gone from the system.

But do not take my word for it, see the RMAF thread at this site for independent listening impressions of the Sonore set up.

Congratulations!!!

All the best,

Jorge

Jensen VRD-iFF>Router>Rj45>opticalModule>
SFP>Buffalo2016>SFP>opticalModule >Rj45>

IZen Mk3>Rj45> Delock62619>Rj45>
etherRegen (Master Clock+ Mini-Circuits BLP)>SFP>opticalRendu>USB>IsoRegen>

USB>Phoenix>USB>OPPO 205 (Modded)>HMS “the Perfect Match”>Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signature.

On 8/16/2019 at 12:07 PM, left channel said:

Odd. Sorry. Regardless, my ultraRendu remains lowest-ranked in my list. It fails to work at the least convenient moments, like when guests are expecting music. It regularly loses contact with the DAC (I've tried two), fails to complete updates, and generally requires coddling and fiddling. In contrast my Sonicorbiter server, an SGC Microjukebox, is a rock solid set-and-forget dream.

Sorry to hear that.

I never had a problem with my uR.

Best,

Jorge

Jensen VRD-iFF>Router>Rj45>opticalModule>
SFP>Buffalo2016>SFP>opticalModule >Rj45>

IZen Mk3>Rj45> Delock62619>Rj45>
etherRegen (Master Clock+ Mini-Circuits BLP)>SFP>opticalRendu>USB>IsoRegen>

USB>Phoenix>USB>OPPO 205 (Modded)>HMS “the Perfect Match”>Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signature.