IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

5 hours ago, jbm_2021 said:

If there is a https://www.sotm-audio.com/sotmwp/english/portfolio-item/tx-usbexp/ tx-USBexp in your streamer, will there be any benefit in having another tX-USBultra in the chain where the USB output from the streamer is sent to the tX-USBultra and from there to the DAC?

Assume sCLK-EX 10Mhz external clock in both the streamer and tx-USBultra.

Thanks,

Jai

I was wondering about this a while back when looking at their web. Not sure, if you use a great LPS to power the USB bridge output in the streamer, why would additional tX-USBultra be of benefit, considering you are using same clock. Unless they say the USButra give extra galvanic isolation? But not a very cost effective way, seems redundant. If you have. a DDC (digital-digital converter) right before the DAC that I think would be of more benefit unless your DAC has a superb USB input device

20 hours ago, jbm_2021 said:

I have a Farad Super 3 for the sotm switch and tx-usb ultra. I am wondering about the benefit as well. I think from an SOTM NEO it benefits because the NEOs USB though audio grade may not be in par with tx-usb ultra. Just a speculation

Also if the clock of the tx-uSB is better it would be an improvement but if u are using same external clock I guess it should be redundant unless there is a galvanic isolation in tx_USB that helps; how do u like the Farad BTW? I am thinking of getting one for my USB bridge too

On 5/18/2021 at 2:01 PM, davide256 said:

Still having a problem with Stylus player where the treble has "hot sauce", sounds like the magnepan 1.7's have morphed into Koss 1A speakers. Not hearing this

using Roon server + HQplayer w/PCM oversampling disabled.

Are u loading in RAM ? and if so, make sure there is enough RAM. What is HOT SOURCE Sound ?

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, edwardsean said:

I've been using the network disconnect "Play & Relax" feature. I find that as my system improves and gets more refined, I am noticing a bigger difference when I disconnect from the network. 

The issue is that I'm having trouble "relaxing" when I use this feature. It's always a guessing game of whether it come back online. Sometimes it's a matter of when, sometimes Euphony seems to have forgotten all about me. One time I put it on repeat and it just endlessly played my queue–I recognize that was my fault. Each time, I just have to manually shut down my server and restart it. 

Is anyone else having this issue? Are there any tricks you've found to make sure it comes back when the album/queue is complete? 

I have similar issue if I let the euphony does it thing to wake up based on the queue. I also by mistake put on repeat all tracks so it stayed disconnected forever!  Sometimes it gets stuck not going to network disconnect or it just disconnects indefinitely. So I ended  up timing roughly the total playing time of my tracks and manually enter the time it should stay disconnected. Since I do classical I have like 5-6 tracks usually at one time, it is easy to calculate. I suppose you can use the total album time for estimate. There is often a delay in waking up so you can probably put 1 min short to ensure it is connected again by the time the album ends so u can load more tracks.  The improvement is really slight, more psychological and also helps to make me not fuss around with the tracks and force me to finish all the tracks without getting distracted (since I work with music on).  See if this works better 

• 4 months later...

I have a strange issue. I am unable to log onto the Euphony main page but I can do things in file manager, like loading up files onto the Euphony server. I restarted my Euphony PC server multiple times but still cannot log on. The Internet appears to be working. Nothing as changed. Any suggestion as to what is going on? It was working fine moments ago but when I restarted the app (prompted by Euphony), it logged off and I cannot get back in again!

• 3 months later...
On 3/19/2019 at 3:20 PM, RickyV said:

Hi @ArthurPower and welcome to AS 

I am in the process of building me a dual pc setup and I want to keep it like that. I have learned from @bobfa that Euphony os can be configured as both a server as well as the steamer so that is good. But if I go for Euphony do I need two copies/licenses at two times the prices?

Rick

I think u can get a complete license and then an endpoint license,not sure if u can get a server license as well

• 4 weeks later...

This may be a dumb question.   I think my euphony program is corrupt as per Euphony team support, so I need to reboot using the USB boot drive but it won't work. I need to take out the hard drive which has the old euphony drive to do that? The PC is headless so I have no idea why it won't boot from USB.  

3 hours ago, di-fi said:

From experience I know that starting from USB drive, sometimes needs several tries, up to 4, 5 times, just keep booting.
Also the Euphony downloader « write to USB tool » does not work well in my system. I download the Euphony file and then write only the *.img.gz file with Balena Etcher (free) to the USB drive , that seems to make a more reliable copy.

I just changed to a new faster motherboard (in this case I also need to confirm the new fingerprint with Euphony, not in your case) and had to reinstall.
I wrote a perfect copy with this method and the new headless server is running Euphony (TRIAL). I temporarily attached a monitor to verify and the IP address.  But now the new server can not be found on the local network. An other issue…maybe still corrupt? Today I will try new fresh install copies on USB until it works. (My question regarding this is also pending on the help desk, already got prompt backup for the new install yesterday).

Hmm the trial copy should work, you may have to get reregisterd to the new motherboard as it be read as nee hardware. I think euphony has to do that for u

1 hour ago, davide256 said:

Be sure that you have boot from USB enabled in BIOS  and boot order specifies boot USB before HD. If you have the original USB stick where you enabled license, that saves a step, can do system transfer to HD, I think there is also a repair option which would be preferable if you have edited library  cache for genre and other metatag information.

Ok so i need to manually make sure i have enabked USB boot in Bios? I guess I need to reconnect the PC to monitor and check that ? I also forgot which USB slot works as only a few has worked in the past.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/5/2022 at 1:25 PM, casperhn said:

Hello, Im new user with trial Euphony v4. I have some issue when play native DSD mode with my Dac

My device include: Audiobyte hydra Z (DDC) and Rockna wavedream (Dac). I tested 2 way connection:
The first: PC --> Usb cable --> Hydra Z --> I2S cable --> Rockna wavedream Dac
The other way: PC --> Usb cable --> Rockna wavedream Dac

1. With both connect, euphony only show in Hardware detail of DAC is Hydra Z.

2. With both two connection, I can't play native DSD (test with DSD64) (I already config in setting DSD playback: Native). My Dac played native DSD file on Windows 10 (Jriver app with Asio driver). I consider that the reason come from protocol between Euphony/Linux with Usb/i2s on DAC. Both of my DDC and Dac using Amanero chip on intergated board, on Amanero website said that: need update firmware to play native dsd 512 on Linux. (I think dsd 64/128 still work well with current firmware on my device).

I hope that, someone have the same device or have more experience can help me

Thanks so much

I had same issue using a different DDC and different DAC with euphony. The maker (Audio-gd) needs to give me a different FW to use on the DDC to make it work for Linux. U may need to ask Hydra X (seems this one is the issue) to give a FW that can accept Linux properly for DSD native.  It is a pain in the butt to play DSD but the reward is really great! Euphony playing DSD can be really good... I find native DSD better than DoP which tends to have pops and other issues at least on my DAC. (and DSD native sounds a bit better, though supposedly they are the same..blah,...). 

19 hours ago, casperhn said:

Hello,

Good news, You only need to update DDC firmware and it work well with DAC. Your DDC using Xmos or Amanero Chip set?

if you connect direct from PC to DAC (remove DDC), what happend when play DSD native?

Thanks you!

To clarify - My DAC actually can use Native DSD via euphony but with the added DCC which uses amanero it did not work and would need new FW for Linux DSD; but my DAC uses different USB chip - I think the F1 from pink faun.  So that has no issue. I suspect you may need FW for both DAC and DDC. Maybe Amanero can give you such FW ?  

17 minutes ago, casperhn said:

Both of DDC and DAC is different brand but same Group. As Mr. PavelDosko said: Rockna only support DSD file via DOP.

Because, my DDC discontinued many year ago and dont have any update support from AudioByte brand. Maybe i try to update firmware of Amanero on DDC and test with another DAC. 

Yah i guess that might work.  U can

also get the DCC from audio-gd but i would definitely comfirm with Audio-gd

to make sure

it is compatible with your DAC, esp if u use I2S output. ; didn’t the audioByte moved to somewhere in US? I got an email from that guy once a while back. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/11/2022 at 2:39 AM, casperhn said:

Hello,

Im very happy to let you know after update amanero firmware on my DDC --> my Dac can play native Dsd with Euphony via I2S connection (tested with dsd64) without any update for it

Have little issue: because Audiobyte didn't continued support Hydra Z DDC, i update direct from Amanero's tools. After finish, my DDC change name to Amanero combo384.

Thanks for your guide!!! 

Very glad it works! Good to know Amanero does supply FW directly.  Now your setup is similar to mine (just different brands). Did you or will you try DSD256 or even DSD512? Isn't DSD so wonderful? I can't deal with PCM once I start listening to DSD continuously. It easily beats even DXD. 

• 8 months later...

This may be a dumb question and Euphony Helpdesk seems too busy to answer me. I have been having pauses between tracks lately. This was not an issue till recently (not sure when). How to ensure gapless playback? It happens with both PCM and DSD. I am running ramrod, buffered all tracks. Thanks!