IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

2 hours ago, al2813 said:

Back from holiday and I took the upgrade. I will use the SW for the next one year but will think carefully before renewing. The 119 EUR price is before EU VAT - 143 EUR per year will make me think twice....

Hi all.
I think it's too expensive for still raw software compared to ROON. Moreover, the Euphony team does not give a choice (there is no possibility to buy a lifetime subscription).
In terms of sound quality, yes, Euphony Stylus sounds a little better than ROON, but in terms of functionality, it is very far from ROON. There is no normal integration with either TIDAL or QOBUZ.
That's why I don't even consider switching to version 4. I stay on version 3, especially since as a server I use ROON, which is more convenient in managing content and for which I have a lifetime subscription.

Sincerely,
Antanas

21 hours ago, ASRMichael said:

A little better than Roon? Oceans apart as far is I’m concerned. Equal to Roon functionality over Stylus. 

I won’t argue much about the sound, Stylus sounds better, but by how much, let everyone answer for himself. To me, the difference is not that big.
But that's where it ends compared to ROON.
Otherwise, he is as far from ROON, as I am from the moon.
Therefore, their pricing policy does not match the quality of the software.

• 3 months later...
14 hours ago, di-fi said:

Anyways I am still with v3 and that is where above images where taken form. Maybe I am wasting my time and all has been taken care of in v4 but that is not what I remember from the v4 trial I did.

I completely agree with you. The sound quality is not everything, you also need a convenient user interface.
Therefore, I have remained on version 3 for now. Since it is still necessary to manage the library, Roon has to use it.
And then the question is why should I pay for an unfinished product with an unfriendly interface.

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, prinz said:

does anyone know if PinkFaun SPDIF bridge will work with Euphony OS and intel z390 based machine?

Hello.
My Pink Faun SPDIF Bridge was not supported on the Intel motherboard, so I had to switch to the AMD platform.

Czesc, Prinz

Pink Faun SPDIF Bridge na moim Intelowym systemie nie gral. Zatem przeszlam na AMD

• 2 months later...
On 3/2/2023 at 4:54 PM, di-fi said:

Only for Euphony V3 license holders (anyone?) : interestingly, an update was offered for V3 as well.

I did not try it but it now has an 'Upgrade to V4' button (which very likely is the only change). I kept a V3 previous release backup in case the latest 2023 version suddenly 'expires' ;-)

image_2023-03-02_100808545.png

Good day.
I would like to ask you about version 3.
Will I lose my version 3 license if I update?

Thanks,

Antanas

• 1 year later...
45 minutes ago, msb1 said:

How do you like the SQ on Audiolinux as compared to Euphony? What settings did you do?

Hello.

I use Roon server (Roon Rock) and HQplayer (AudioLinux). Roon server (Roon Rock) is installed on a separate computer. AudioLinux is configured by RamRoot, "rtapp" enabled. The CPU frequency is fixed at 2.8 GHz.
Sounds better than Stylus.