IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

1 hour ago, Johnseye said:

Yes, I did that last night.  I've been listening with Euphony+HQP for a while.  I switched to Roon+HQP last night only for a short time.  To my ears Euphony continues to sound better.  Clear, more defined instrument and vocal separation.  Will be putting more time into comparing over the next week or so before settling on one.  I really wish the Roon+HQP could improve to the Euphony level, or the Euphony interface would improve.

Thanks yeah it's tough to beat Roon UI/UX but ultimately if SQ is better than it would be worth the switch for me.

What are the details of your custom audiolinux server running Euphony+HQP?  Is it an Intel NUC?

• 2 months later...
On 4/20/2021 at 12:32 AM, StreamFidelity said:

I tried Euphony. I like the tidy user interface and the options in RAM for buffering and loading Euphony from RAM.

A little prehistory:

I am a convinced HQPlayer user and like to use DSD 256 with the modulator ASDM7EC. These algorithms require two cores with at least 4GHz for stereo. No problem for an Intel Core i9-9900K. Since I have a fanless PC, I have to throttle the temperature development. I do this in the BIOS with a fixed clock rate of 4.2GHz. Very high-performance under Windows 10 Pro and without any problems.

Unfortunately this does not work under Euphony. Regardless of the setting, two cores are always occupied with 100% utilization.

41018021mw.png

It seems to be a problem that has existed for a long time. Too bad.

Do you know if AL has this core utilization issue as well? Coincidentally I am in the middle of building a 9900K server for DSD256 7EC. I intended to go with Euphony OS for ease of setup but may be a dealbreaker with this issue. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/9/2021 at 7:18 AM, davide256 said:

Is anyone successfully using 1536 out from Euphony NUC with their DAC/DDC?

I noticed yesterday that Denafrips IRIS USB properties said it supported 1411/1536, am working fine up-sampled to 1411 over USB

but the 1536 speed gives music with a lot of noise. Actual coax output speed for the Iris remains 192/24 but so far 1411 seems to reduce/eliminate treble

irritants similar to DSD up-sampling.

Trying to figure out if the problem with 1536 is NUC, USB cable (Lush 2) or the IRIS.

did you get this working? i have the same issue, 1536pcm plays distorted. 768 works fine. i wonder if anyone has 1536 successfully working on euphony? 1536 worked fine when i ran from windows HQP player.

i know euphony newly added 1536 support a couple months ago maybe there are some things to work out in next update?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
9 hours ago, 87mpi said:

I'm having trouble getting the pcm 1411/1536 to work with HQP on euphony , either as alsa or as NAA. I have a holo spring 3 KTE (usb).  Works perfectly with Miska's HQPlayer OS / NAA images

it doesnt work for me in euphony either, with holo may. it works outside of euphony. maybe euphony needs to update driver/kernal in future release to accomodate 

• 4 weeks later...
15 hours ago, 87mpi said:

I wrote to Euphony support and found that the HQPlayer Embedded Web interface is accessible at http://euphony.local:8089 (IP:8089) or by clicking on HQPlayer icon in Euphony settings (only on desktop browser). 

Username and password are both "euphony". 

In this way I solve the problem of distorted sound with pcm >705/768 by setting the "Dac Bits" parameter to 16 in hqplayer embedded configuration! This allows it to work with pcm 1411/1536! 

This allows you to see and modify all the parameters of hqplayer embedded on euphony, set alsa or naa buffer, set the fixed volume for example to -6db and be able to select the new filters gauss, sync-mx etc that otherwise would not be selectable from the interface of euphony! 

Absolutely amazing! 

thanks for the tip, do you mean dac bits 20 and 1536 gives distorted sound, but 1536 works with 16 bits?

2 hours ago, 87mpi said:

Yes. Pcm 1411/1536 on HQPlayer works only with dac bits set to 16 due to Linux limitation. (also on Mac) 

Pcm 1411/1536 with dac bits > 16 works only on Jussi's HQPlayer OS or NAA images

that's great. im not home to test yet but are you finding 1536 with 16 bits sounds better than 768 with 20 bits?

• 5 months later...
On 3/5/2022 at 8:37 PM, dc-audiogeek said:

Ugh. Don't update Roon if it prompts you to do so. If you do, you can't use Roon w/ Euphony through HQPlayer or through Euphony Stylus, because Roon is now locked at HQPlayer v4.26 and above, which Euphony Stylus v3 does not support.

Just found out the hard way.... d'oh. hopefully V4 comes soon with the fix, will have to use Stylus+HQP for now.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...