IGNORED

Bricasti Model 3 DAC

On Tuesday this week, the new MDx board was installed at the factory and even though i am still letting it settle in, my initial thoughts point to the updated board as a definite improvement over the older board. I prefer using Ethernet over USB. As mentioned earlier, i agree that, the source matters. I feed the Ethernet card of my M1SE via the "Player Port" of a Melco N1ZH/2.  In my opinion the sound is much better than using the USB output of the Melco. Maybe it's just my preference but, Low level detail, bass and sound-staging are areas that i find Ethernet having a slight but notable edge over USB to my ears. 

1 hour ago, ducatirider said:

Interesting because I use a SotM trifecta now, sms-200 Ultra, TX-USBEX, SPS-500 and uptone regen/lps 1.2.  I don't have the Ethernet upgrade and am now hesitant.  But I also have an SNH-10G switch as well.

Your chain looks to be very good. The SNH-10G switch is a very nice way to eliminate any weakness in your chain. If you already have a Bricasti DAC, the addition of the Ethernet card is not expensive and definitely worth a try. The SNH-10G mated with the Bricasti Ethernet card might be a pleasant surprise to you....Plus you get to compare USB vs Ethernet and let us know what you think. Currently i am using Uptone's EtherRen with plans to add a Melco switch when funds allow.  

51 minutes ago, mrkoven said:

I use EtherRegen w/ a Sablon cable into the Bricasti. It sounds better than direct from my generic switch. I am not sure if adding an audiophile switch will bring additional benefit with EtherRegen. I think it could be marginal or negligible.

I agree..... Just to be clear, i would be looking to replace the EtherRegen with the Melco switch in the future. I wonder whether the Melco will add to the existing gains that the EtherRegen brought. I'm hoping it does.