IGNORED

New OSX Opensource audiophile player : Audirvana

damien78

I do not think that the program will do what you want. A friend has the same issue. His Evo will do 192k, but his DAC is only good to 96k. I think the program senses the M2Tech device, and assumes that the DAC can handle it.

Damien, it would be a helpful feature to have separate controls in so that a user could set the frequency themselves as well. For instance, one button for 2x, another for 4x or something like that.

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

"Now I may just try with a barebone installation on my current MacBook Pro--reinstalling everything after the test is a breeze with Time Machine :-)"

Time machine may be the item you are thinking about.

Forrest:

just like it sounds...highlight a play list, an album or a track and drop it on the playlist window.

Forrest:

I hate to say, but I do not care for it either. The CD player overlaps part of the iTunes window. I would love for Audirvana to be one window with appropriate buttons as I too keep iTunes open (but my iTunes is to the right-opposite of yours).

Alas... it sounds good though. Thanks again Damien!

Forrest:

Kevin-The headphones needing to be unplugged probably is not Audirvana as much as Audio/midi getting fouled up when combined with exclusive access. You might ought to experiment, as the headphones seem to want to grab control on mine (optical for me, same port).

Stewart- The release notes said we would have to re select our devices. Although mine on the correct one, I was missing some of my sample rates. By re selecting it they came back. Just a WAG.

Forrest:

Audirvana has always been stable for the vast majority of users. As for loading files, drag an drop them from iTunes.

Forrest:

Didn't you just write this on the Fidelia thread:"That's it for me now, I will see if i can get my $19 back."

I think that it's possible you may be having issues whilst going back and forth between the M2Tech and the Weiss. Both require drivers, and IIRC I had some struggle with using both of them combined too. You need to be really careful when swapping them back and forth because for each of them and also all of the players there are different ways on selecting proper output.

Forgive me if this does not help...

Forrest:

I have been trying to fool myself for years to no avail...

I do not understand squit about compiling software and it's net effect on how the resulting program runs. Seeing as how we don't know why/if players alter the sonics, are we in a position to say something cannot do it?

Bela Fleck and the Flecktones "Live at the Quick" featuring the throat singer Kongar-ool Ondar coming up!

Forrest:

Do we really need to be tricked into finding the truth? Seems sort of sad if we would need to do that instead of trusting our ears. If one is worried about expectation bias, just don't label them with what compiler was used.

I downloaded the GCC version and ran it, but did not compare it to the other as last weekend was a Fidelia weekend. I am getting a little weary of going back in forth with the three players I prefer (Audirvana being one of them), and do not really want to get into the compliers. I am hoping you guys can come to a consensus. Lately I have been choosing one to run for a few days at a time...

Thanks Damien for the max rate limiting feature. I informed my friend, and he was excited to try it...

Forrest:

There is no absolute wine reference whereas sound reproduction is just that, reproduction. There is a reference, even if it is elusive.

Well, in this case they cost the same- whatever you were willing to pony up. Furthermore, at the time "flat earthers" were backed by the science of their time.

I find it a bit sad that so many have such strong convictions one way or another as to not trust their observations enough to overcome those convictions. I do not have a horse in this race, but just want the best sound I can get- period.

Forrest:

Along with wgscotts suggestions, try un checking "max memory" and back the memory slider down just a touch. When I had clicks, that is what worked for me.

Forrest:

As mentioned previously in this thread, the Weiss' aren't capable of integer mode as per D. Weiss.

Forrest:

LCD is your file, bottom of the player is the player's output. You are upsampling 48/16 files to 96/24.

Forrest:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Audirvana Prefs>Audio system>

Max buffer on/off or the memory allotment slider did it for me.

Forrest:

• 5 weeks later...

The only time I have had cpu overs with Audirvana was when switching back and forth.

Forrest: