IGNORED

Article: My Quest for a New DAC, Part 5: Chord Electronics Hugo M Scaler & Hugo TT 2

4 hours ago, ray-dude said:

With Omega Super Alnico Monitors, we thought the TT2 was clearly a step up from DAVE (driven direct).  They became more of a full range speaker and really benefited from the extra power.  Any loss in transparency and spatial detail with the TT2 (vs DAVE) was more than made up for with better dynamics and presence.  

In near field it is no contest: go with the Omegas.  The Voxativs are like sitting in front of a intense laser beam, whereas the Omegas are softer and more generous.  In near field, the Omegas really achieve transcendent imaging (esp. depth and height), but the Voxativs are just too intense (for me).  For more normal listening positions, Voxativs are clearly the cat's meow.

Awesome setup Ray! Really great info about TT2 with Omegas vs DAVE. In nearfield (4' to 5'), do you still think the TT2 does a better job than the DAVE with the Omegas?

23 minutes ago, ray-dude said:

I would definitely recommend the Voxativ's then!  

I would but with my situation, speakers will need to be nearfield (4' to 5' away from me). From your previous comment..."In near field it is no contest: go with the Omegas.  The Voxativs are like sitting in front of a intense laser beam, whereas the Omegas are softer and more generous I am not sure the Voxtiv's work well"... it sounds like the Voxativ's will not work with my setup