IGNORED

Article: My Quest for a New DAC, Part 5: Chord Electronics Hugo M Scaler & Hugo TT 2

Thank you, @austinpop for your efforts above and beyond! Would that you'd continue, but closure is good too: To be satisfied and even inspired by your choices, and to rediscover the music.

Cheers!

Sum>Frankenstein: JPlay/Audirvana/iTunes, Uptone EtherRegen+LPS-1.2, Rivo Streamer+Uptone JS-2, Schiit Yggdrasil LiM+Shunyata Delta XC, Linn LP12/Hercules II/Ittok/Denon DL-103R, ModWright LS 100, Pass XA25, Tellurium Black II, Monitor Audio Silver 500 on IsoAcoustics Gaias, Shunyata Delta XC, Transparent Audio, P12 power regenerator, and positive room attributes.

8 hours ago, ajay556 said:

I would recommend to compare the new Hegel mohican CD player $5k.. Add a $1200 power cord and $500 isolation feet. Burn all discs on ultra disc gold CDs and watch the music unwind like a sweet vinyl sound with great dynamics. I am reveling a secret sauce here...

First, I love it when secret sauce is revealed, especially since "everything counts in large amounts" (especially you know, your bank accounts).

But seriously, it's too bad some of these lesser known DACs are not so easily comparable. I wish a few others were covered and perhaps someone else will take up the baton! In the meantime, back to my three versions of Aja...which sound ever so slightly (and emotionally) more dynamic out of my CD player as transport into my DAC than my network signal. That's my not-so-secret sauce.

Sum>Frankenstein: JPlay/Audirvana/iTunes, Uptone EtherRegen+LPS-1.2, Rivo Streamer+Uptone JS-2, Schiit Yggdrasil LiM+Shunyata Delta XC, Linn LP12/Hercules II/Ittok/Denon DL-103R, ModWright LS 100, Pass XA25, Tellurium Black II, Monitor Audio Silver 500 on IsoAcoustics Gaias, Shunyata Delta XC, Transparent Audio, P12 power regenerator, and positive room attributes.