IGNORED

Anyone not switching from Tidal to Qobuz?

ajay556

I'm sticking with Tidal.  It has performed very well for me.  Several years ago I had a subscription to Qobuz, which was having some serious technical issues maintaining a connection.  After a couple of interactions trying to get them to address my connection issues, Qobuz just dropped me even though I had just paid my month's subscription fee.  So without any technical support for their on-again-off-again streaming service, Qobuz just went silent, ignoring me and keeping the money.  I was not happy...  I can tolerate start-up technical kinks but not terrible customer support.  

Just sayin...

Mike

• 1 year later...

I tried Qobuz several years ago, before they came to the US.  They were having technical problems with dropouts. I tried contacting their customer service people to help with the issues but rather than fix the issues, they just cut me off even though I had just paid for the next month only days earlier.  Then they wouldn't respond.  I like Tidal just fine.  8^)

19 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Yeah, they probably weren’t geared to serve and support the US market as a whole back then. Some people had success while others didn’t. Now that it’s officially launched in the US, it works very well. 

Chris:

My point was that Qobuz was interested in money and nothing else and their customer service was rude or non-existant.  They weren't serving “the US market as a whole,” just a few Individuals interested in hi res audio.  Scale that up to the whole US and you have a situation I will avoid.  Tidal customer service is a bit slow but MUCH more effective than Qobuz AND, Tidal is honest.  
Mike