IGNORED

T+A new flagship streaming dsd1024 dac

3 hours ago, barrows said:

oh man, you take the words right out of my mouth.

I really think there would be a market for a really good, discrete, DSD only DAC, with just a single USB input and an (by passable) analog volume control, optimized for DSD 256 (but compatible with higher rates).  Keep it simple, but pay attention to the details for the best possible sound quality.  High End is already niche!  Considering that there is now a fair amount of software (not just tweaky HQPlayer) which does a good job at oversampling to DSD, maybe this would not be too niche...

I am tired of Swiss Army Knife style DACs with a million features, not to mention that if you make a DAC which has multiple inputs and is compatible with all kinds of sample rates and DSD and PCM, you inevitably have to make compromises.

As an analogy, a Formula car does not have a DVD player for the back seat passengers (oh yeah, only one seat)...

Agreed.  It's literally changing one setting in Roon and you've got up to DSD512 that works every time without fail, robust DSP, and a choice of 4 very good sounding filters.