IGNORED

A Pleasant Little Cable Story That May Please Neither Objectivists Nor Subjectivists

Jud

20 minutes ago, Jud said:

While folks have seemed to concentrate on the power cords (an exchange in a roughly equivalent price range for each of around $100-$150), what I'm quite pleased with and don't want to lose sight of are the subjective improvements experienced from two $15 RCA cables and a $35 USB cable. Whether what I hear is real or not, the cables can serve as inexpensive recommendations the next time someone asks.

Wouldn't the RCA cables be a good opportunity to try a one on the left channel and another on the right channel comparison?  

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

1 hour ago, Jud said:

I thought about that for half a second, but the DMA-150 has a selector switch between RCA and XLR input. You can't do both, or RCA for one channel and XLR for the other.

Oh didn't realize you were changing from RCA-RCA to RCA-XLR. 

You could get one of these adapters.  I don't trust Hosa cables, but I've used these with no issue.

https://www.amazon.com/Hosa-GXM-133-RCA-XLR3M-Adaptor/dp/B000068O4D

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

4 hours ago, Jud said:

But then of course I'd be testing cable vs. cable-plus--adapter (not that I'd necessarily expect to hear any difference regardless).  :) 

Edit: I've thought about a pair of his RCAs for the DAC outputs, and even speaker cables; those would lend themselves to side-by-side (though not blinded) comparisons.

Yes, but it is a place to start and see what the results are.