IGNORED

CD players are back ?

3 hours ago, The_K-Man said:

More and more current flat panels place the RGB(bias/drive) settings in a sub- of the Picture Menu called "Advanced".  Easily accessible.

The problem now is that puck kits, like CalMan, are discontinued.  So it is harder to find calibration kits that you hook up to the laptop and do the advanced calibration.

So what's wrong with something like off the shelf i1Display Pro with open source ColorHCFR? Like this for example:

hcfr.thumb.jpg.974ec331bc52aabd5079b8eab7f8fcc7.jpg

Actually the above was done with a first generation i1Pro, which is rather clunky by today's standard. Would greatly appreciate it if you would share your advanced software and sensor configuration for the benefit of us noobs.

23 hours ago, semente said:

With that CD player and a pair of single-driver speakers? Not possible.

And with a SET amp too. One got to be really brain washed to like such a system right?

12 hours ago, semente said:

[...] Audiophiles are interested in the sound quality as much as in the music and just like a racing driver wants to extract the maximum performance from his car to get the best handling and the fastest lap time, [...]

So how exactly does a racing driver go about extracting best handling and fastest lap time from the car? Always wondered about it but afraid to ask...

12 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

gotta be smooth

Yup. My limited understanding is smoothness could best be measured using data logger, which is much more of a measurement on the driver than of the car. In racing, I believe many dynamic characteristics of the car can be tweaked on the fly these days on the steering wheel in top echelon classes like F1 and WEC LMP1. This strikes me as rather different from the fire-and-forget mentality that many in pursue of audio accuracy are shooting for.

BTW, it appears you have 86'd your former avatar

x-D Car #86 in MF Ghost is red. MFG is the sequel to Initial D.