IGNORED

GentooPlayer

On 4/17/2024 at 12:22 PM, antonellocaroli said:

gp-update and you can test them by installing them via Update/Install/Remove > software manager

audirvana-origin can be started with the following command
/etc/init.d/audirvana-origin restart

can be automatically started on each boot

rc-update add audirvana-origin default

audirvana-studio can be started with the following command
/etc/init.d/audirvana-studio restart

can be automatically started on each boot

rc-update add audirvana-studio default

How do I execute these commands?

3 hours ago, KenMoreira said:

Looking for First time Installer help

My system is currently , 
PC via Ethernet (with hqplayer or Audirvana Studio)
ALLO USBridge Signature Via Ethernet
Allo > Spring 3 KTE via USB
KTE > Trafomatic Head 2 Via XLRs

I am looking into switching from DietPi Bookworm to GP with Audirvana Studio.
Is there an Installation guide made by anyone?  I know how to Mount an image to an SD card, but after that I have no idea what I am doing. 

Gentooplayers.com has a setup guide, though some of it is out of date.

Basically, you donate the fee, download the software for your specific machine, burn the SD card with Etcher, install the card, turn on your computer.  Wait five minutes at the first startup.  Use a network scanner app to find the IP address of Gentooplayer.  Enetr that in your browser address bar followed by :5000, so XXX.XXX.X.XX:5000.

You should get the web interface.  At the left is a menu.  Choose Register and Gentooplayer PC-Key.  Generate the key and email it to the provided address.  Shortly you'll get a key.  Enter that Gentooplayer Key.  Now you can start using the software.

Go to Update/Install/Remove and run GP-Update.  The computer will restart.  Go to Update/Install/Remove and Software Manager.  Install the Audio app Audirvana Studio.  When that is done go to Enable/Disable Software and enable Audirvana Studio.  That's pretty much it.  There are tons of tweaks and options but that's all you need to start AS.

1 hour ago, KenMoreira said:

Hmmm gentoo player not showing up with the IP scan.  the ACT and PWR lights on my bridge are both fully on. 

What computer are you using?  Do you see the computer brand listed in ther network scan?  Like Raspberry Pi or whatever?

8 minutes ago, KenMoreira said:

On my IP list. It shows my DietPi (which is my usbridge) I put in the new sd card with GentoPlayerRpi64-usb_bridge-8.60.img
On it.
reset my router , cleared DNS , reset my allo
it shows device DietPi. as a connected device on my router page (from ISP)
but when i goto 10.0.0.235:5000 in chrome. it times out.

Is the USBridge directly connected to another computer, or to a sub-net?

Just now, KenMoreira said:

thanks Zack for all the help so far. 

is it possible to put Local audio files on the same SD card to play natively as well ? 

Yes, it is.  But it's easier and better to plug a USB flash drive into the front of the Allo.  Load the files onto the USB drive on your main computer.  Plug into front of Allo.  In Gentooplayer, go to System Base Config and Mount Local Disk.  Using the drop-down menu, you

1) Select Disk.  You should see the USB drive 32GB or whatever it is, as sdb1 (I think).

2) Select Partition - Again, sdb1 or whatever.

3) Type Mount Folder - Call it "Music."  GP automatically mounts this in "media" folder.

4) Enable boot at startup.  Execute.

Now, when you open Audirvana Remote and select the "linux" computer and get connected, you go to the little icon in the lower left corner and choose Settings, the the Local tab.  Tap "Add folders." A list will pop up.  Tap "media" then "Music" and tap "Add."  Audirvana will scan the USB drive and add the albums to the "Local" database.

Oh, no, you can use the SD card, then.

I have to remember how to do it.  I think it's very simple.  Go to System Base Config and Samba Share.  Use the drop-down menus to share "media".  Go to your PC and connect to the Allo's IP address.  The credentials are "root" and "gentooplayer".  Then you can add albums to the SD card.

You might have to mount the large partition on the Allo first.

System Base Config

Mount Local Disk

Choose sda, then sda2 or the larger partition, name it "Music" and enable loading and execute.

Then go to Samba Share and share the Music folder.

6 minutes ago, KenMoreira said:

Yeah, saturday so antonio probably too busy for registration atm. 
I am using USB out 

He's pretty prompt, though he's in Italy.  You should hear in the next few hours.  USB output should be default for Gentooplayer, but you can use Select DAC to set it, wouldn't hurt.

2 hours ago, KenMoreira said:

ill stop it and reboot. not worth the fight.

You shouldn't need to install Samba.  You just go to System Base Config and Samba Share.  But like I said you may need to mount the extra partition in Mount Local Disc.  I've always mounted it, named it "Music", then shared it with Samba Share.

47 minutes ago, KenMoreira said:

Today I'll buy and put my audio on a thumb drive. 

What are the steps for gentooplayer / audirvana recognizing it? 

Is it remote mount or local? And how much work to set it up 

It will show up as a local disk.  Usually sdb1.  It takes 15 seconds to mount it.  

Using the headless Audirvana Studio on the Allo and connecting via Audirvana Remote, I had glitchy sound in the first ten seconds like you.  Possible the small ram is not enough to load the file and play at the same time, I don't know.  I documented this problem on page 251.  If I restart the track it plays okay.  If I play local files from the USB stick, they also play okay.  I suspect the Allo may not have sufficient power.

Using the Allo as a renderer only, with MPD and UPMPDCLI, and playing to it from Audirvana on my Mac Mini, I had no problems.

I fixed the stutter issue by going into audirvana and changing the ALSA render from normal to extreme.

Okay, now you're teaching me something! ;-) How did you do that?  I would love to fix this issue because I have aq spare Allo I want to send to a friend, but not the way it workws now.

I saw the setting in audirvana settings menu using the remote app. 

Click the lock icon to allow changes. Then it's under alsa 

Can you be a little more specific?  Which menu item in the left-hand sidebar?