IGNORED

GentooPlayer

Hi guys. Have been trialing GP for the last few days and am very impressed with the software. Originally I set up GP on my PI4 ,connected a usb hard drive and got a working system. I have now setup an x86 pc with the same usb harddrive and GP running minum server. I can see the music on my bedroom pc running win10 and Jriver but when I try to mount a remote disc on the Pi4 player I am not able to mount the disc , with this being returned : "mount error(111): could not connect to 192.168.20.15Unable to find suitable address."

or this "

mount.nfs: rpc.statd is not running but is required for remote locking.
mount.nfs: Either use '-o nolock' to keep locks local, or start statd.
mount.nfs: Either use '-o nolock' to keep locks local, or start statd.
mount.nfs: Either use '-o nolock' to keep locks local, or start statd."

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

On 2/20/2020 at 2:27 PM, antonellocaroli said:

you should set the client on the router....

image.png.22949086490bf60ccb3c6ccba9da6bae.png

image.png.3b074e273994d18da772ccb6d1e0be91.png

the screens are in Italian, but I think you can understand...

Hi Antone, I don't have those pages on my router, both the pi and the server are on the same non managed switch and have static routes to the router.

• 3 months later...

Trying to mount a remote disk using cifs and keep getting error 22. Disk is lolcated on my win10 pc and I have shared  the disc with full permissions using my username and password. Using Allo usb sig as player and latest ver.of GP.

Would some kind sole  please tell me what options to use :

screencapture-192-168-20-28-5000-index-html-2020-05-29-13_40_08.png

40 minutes ago, antonellocaroli said:

Edit the fstab file

nano /etc/fstab

Remove all those options you have put and leave only version, user and password 

Close and save

Then you give the command

mount -a

There are no entries in the Fstab file that appear to relate to a remote disc , just the sd card and usb storage. Help :)

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi guys , having some connectivity issues. Left over night with my pi 4 based Ian Canada based system always powered when I try to use MyMPD on my pc or Regelian on IOS , these is no connection. I can still ping the p4 and get a response but in order to use the control software I have to reboot the pi. As part of the fault finding I tried Volumio and Moode and the problem does not exist with them.

Any help gratefully accepted.

• 2 months later...

Having a problem accessing the web page and trying to SSH in to the pi4. I can ping the pi and get a response but the webpage won't load and ssh says connection refused. I have rebooted the router , the pi and replaced newtwork cables all to no avail.

Help ?

Moode works just fine .