IGNORED

Sonore opticalRendu

10 hours ago, barrows said:

I would say that Signature Power Supply is certainly one of the best options for the opticalRendu as it was designed specifically for the requirements of the Rendu series of products and is a very high performance supply.

Even better in terms of performance is the power supply built in to the Sonore Signature Rendu SE.  Sonore will almost certainly have a Signature Rendu optical version available at some point in the future, which will offer the absolute best performance possible with a built in ultra low noise ultra low impedance linear power supply.  For owners of the Signature Rendu SE there is an upgrade program in place right now to convert it to optical input which includes a completely new main board, and some additional options as well-any owners of the Signature Rendu SE who are interested should contact: [email protected]

My Signature Rendu SE will arrive for Sonore to upgrade to the optical version tomorrow!!!@@@ EXCITING!!!

Right now Barrows is upgrading my Sonore Signature Rendu SE with the full SystemOptique package!

I had emailed Adrian with no response so I will ask Barrows:

Adrian mentioned that the  Sonore Optical Module (ethernet to optical/optical to ethernet converter) will be available for sale in maybe two months; and that I will be able to use this which includes the cabling to connecgt/provide optical into the Signature Rendu SE. He said this will be better than what you buy off the shelf say at Amazon.

1. This begs the question whether the upgraded unit have both ethernet and fiber inputs (so I can simply use the ethernet input until the Sonore Optical Module is available)?

2.  If the upgraded Rendu SE will only have a fiber input, I do have a TP-Link Gigabit Ethernet Media Converter, 1000Mbps RJ45 to 1000M Multi-Mode SC Fiber (MC200CM). Is this converter compatible with the upgraded unit for me to use until the Sonore Optical Module is available?

3.  If the upgraded Rendu SE only has optical input and my above fiber module is not compatible with the upgraded Rendu SE, then I assume I should buy the optical module that you use (https://www.amazon.com/TRENDnet-1000BASE-T-Converter-Switching-TFC-GSFP/dp/B01M32YPHJ/ref=sr_1_fkmrnull_4?keywords=Trendnet+TFC-GSFP%2FA&qid=1551653118&s=gateway&sr=8-4-fkmrnull).  Can you give me the link for the optical cable to buy

compatible with the upgraded Rendu SE.

4.  Can you explain if the upcoming Sonore Optical Module should provide better audio performance than the above off the shelf stuff at Amazon and why?

Thanks.

Sorry, but I am a bit confused by all this well intended jabber. Since this stuff costs barely nothing, its easier just to get what Barrows uses.

So I will get:

https://www.amazon.com/TRENDnet-1000BASE-T-Converter-Switching-TFC-GSFP/dp/B01M32YPHJ/ref=sr_1_fkmrnull_4?keywords=Trendnet+TFC-GSFP%2FA&qid=1551653118&s=gateway&sr=8-4-fkmrnull

Barrows, I assume your above cable link was for the media converter I already have. Can you give me the proper link to purchase the same cable you have to go with the media converter you use with the upgraded Sonore Signature Rendu SE/System Optique. Thanks.

6 hours ago, barrows said:

I am using this with complete success here:

https://www.colorpowercables.com/fiber-optic-cables-panels/OM3-10Gb-50-125-multimode-duplex-fiber-optic-patch-cable/?sku=D-L2L2-3R2-007M&options=LC/LC-7m-(23ft)

With the FMC i linked to, and the Signature Rendu/optical.  I figured using the cable with the ClearCurve feature would be good given the testing and moving stuff around I do here.  But Sonore's official recommendation is for OM1, which is a little more affordable (as in the first cable link).  Either cable will work perfectly with our products and the SFP transceivers we provide.  As the optical networking stuff is mostly fairly affordable, I would suggest starting out with s simple, proven, set up first.  Then if the need to tweak things, or try potential "upgrades" strikes, one has a good proven baseline performance first.  

Thanks