IGNORED

Is It Time For Moderators?

Is it time for moderators in the forum?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Is it time for moderators in the forum?

This poll is closed to new votes

So again, how about moderators that divvy out strikes per thread? 

Isolated effect that may promote “civil” behavior. 

Sum>Frankenstein: JPlay/Audirvana/iTunes, Uptone EtherRegen+LPS-1.2, Rivo Streamer+Uptone JS-2, Schiit Yggdrasil LiM+Shunyata Delta XC, Linn LP12/Hercules II/Ittok/Denon DL-103R, ModWright LS 100, Pass XA25, Tellurium Black II, Monitor Audio Silver 500 on IsoAcoustics Gaias, Shunyata Delta XC, Transparent Audio, P12 power regenerator, and positive room attributes.

5 hours ago, PeterSt said:

Thank you for posting this.

For those who don't know: Taz777 is the OP of the Coax cable thread which has been mentioned regularly as the example in this "Moderator" thread and also the reason why this thread emerged (Chris will know for sure, but that's my perception of it).

This is why we need moderators. Threads are cluttered with the same arguments ad nauseam (oops, no liberal arts latin!), I mean, the same un-winnable arguments over and over, blah blah blah. Because I want to spend time with my son and listen to music, I don't want to wade through all. that. blah. blah. blah. blah.

Having recently gone through a refinement of my coax cable as well, that coax thread is one I was very interested in reading. Related to the NUC and Massive... threads, I think (perhaps wrongly) that by avoiding USB I avoid the spaghetti mess of hardware and (more!) cables.

But, as soon as the cable-haters rolled in, I opted to go my own way–such a pain in the rear to wade through the dross. My loss, and yours too Peter as we corresponded about one of your coax cables (actually two since we were talking about the Lush^2 as well).

@Taz I'm glad you got your system tuned! I may have to go back and see if you documented your comparisons as that is what I enjoy about talking with other audiophiles.

And again, how about moderators who dispense strikes to offending posts? A group of moderators provide oversight. A kind of supreme court (ha ha). Then maybe people will pay attention and think about the reactions to their posts. Low impact on the content, maybe big impact on behavior!

Sum>Frankenstein: JPlay/Audirvana/iTunes, Uptone EtherRegen+LPS-1.2, Rivo Streamer+Uptone JS-2, Schiit Yggdrasil LiM+Shunyata Delta XC, Linn LP12/Hercules II/Ittok/Denon DL-103R, ModWright LS 100, Pass XA25, Tellurium Black II, Monitor Audio Silver 500 on IsoAcoustics Gaias, Shunyata Delta XC, Transparent Audio, P12 power regenerator, and positive room attributes.