IGNORED

Article: Quick Take: The Linear Solution DS-1 Network Streamer

NUC7CJYH - US$ 120

Akasa Newton JC - US$ 100

Audiolinux - US$ 49

16GB RAm - US$ 130

US$ 399

The DS-1 should be a lot better. From what I understand, the difference is minimal. If DS-1 had a LPS internal, then it would be a big deal.

Of course, it´s no so overpriced as Antipodes and Zenith SE (7k range).

ps: If you order a M.2 adapter to Pci-e (US$ 10) and buy a JCAT Ethernet Femto (US$ 500), for CJYH, you will have a winner in many classes.

8 hours ago, greenleo said:

Compare only the BoM without the same SQ may not be very useful.

I can't see your reason of the difference between the DS-1 and the NUC7CJYH is minimal.  The implementation of the OCXO is a major difference, like it or not. Whether it's worthwhile is a personal value.  Also, the price comparison should start from the NU7i7DNBE given that Rajiv said that the DS-1 still sounds better; however this comparison would be more apple to apple.

Have you tried the JCAT Ethernet Femto?  It's not often mentioned/praised in the "novel" thread.  At the price of this card, may be the OCXO switch offered by TLS is a more versatile solution and/or a better solution.  I tried neither and hope that somebody may speak from one's actual experience.

Yes, I was wrong. The price is well reasonable. I just think the case could have a more beautiful design. Love to know how it compares to CX and SOtM combo.