IGNORED

Firewire / usb to spdif converters

I am currently searching for a solution to the above to sit in the chain between my Mac mini and Emm Labs DCC2 SE, the research to date has narrowed the choices down to the Empirical Audio Off-Ramp Turbo 2 (USB) and the soon to be launched Weiss Vesta (Firewire)

The rest of the digital system is Emm Labs CDSD SE transport, Vertex AQ Taga mains conditioner, ATC SCM 50 A SL's and a couple of Western Digital Studio Edition My Book hard drives.

Musical tastes are predominantly Jazz and Classical.

Any experience or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. In a recent thread Chris alluded to something new coming onto the market - is there any news / update on that.

Thanking you all kindly for any following advice to this new member.

Review just published on the Off-Ramp Turbo 2 and Pace-Car reclocker:

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue39/ramblings_computer.htm

However, the Off-Ramp Turbo 2 will be soon replaced with the Off-Ramp 3, which has I2S, S/PDIF coax and AES output jacks, as well as improved power system and lower jitter. Pace-Car 2 will be out in the same timeframe. Off-Ramp 3 can be heard and seen in the BPT room at RMAF.

Steve N.

Empirical Audio

Chris - My partner crapped-out, so I'm not going to RMAF this year. I am way too busy and tapped-out anyway trying to get Overdrive DAC, Off-Ramp 3 and Pace-Car 2 to market. I plan to get all of the board assembly outsourced on these so it will be lead-free and salable in Europe. My plan is to stop modding everything and sell my own products by years end.

My stuff will be in BPT room (Off-Ramp 3) and both GR-Research rooms (OEM USB modules on new iRoc DAC) though.

Steve N.