IGNORED

Any MSB fans here ?

Well, in my system, for the last 10 years or so, I had a significant different DACs. M2 Tech, North Star Supremo, TAD, MSB Analog DAC, EMM Labs, MSB Diamond V and MSB Select DAC II with QUAD USB, Pro ISL and Renderer V2. And yes, MSB are the ones I prefer. Besides, their support is awesome. With the Renderer module, and the Reference Transport that I also owne, I can play files directly from my DYI Music Server. No switchy, no router in between. Fantastic realistic SQ, in my system and in my room. One last point, the volume module of the DAC is the best preamp that I’ve ever had.

Cheers. Happy New year.

Armsan

Taiko Audio Extreme server, MSB Reference Transport, MSB Select DAC with 33 Femto clock, 2 PSUs, powered by Torus AVR 16. Accuphase A-250 powered by Torus AVR 16, each. TAD Reference One.

• 2 years later...
On 9/18/2021 at 2:16 PM, Motoman said:

Vince Galbo, National Sales Manager for MSB, told me absolutely NOT to stack my Discrete on top of the Premier Power Base, despite all of the pictures showing them stacked.  I can’t say that I hear any difference, but then I don’t have the golden ears that I think are necessary to discern subtleties like changing the feet, etc., so YMMV.

Agreed Motoman. In my system, I can ear a significant difference.

Taiko Audio Extreme server, MSB Reference Transport, MSB Select DAC with 33 Femto clock, 2 PSUs, powered by Torus AVR 16. Accuphase A-250 powered by Torus AVR 16, each. TAD Reference One.