IGNORED

Innuos Zen MK III - New Roon "Experimental" firmware

JFHSQT

5 hours ago, soares said:

When running Roon core on a STi5 (Nuc) and using the Innous as a Roon Player, how I "tell" the Roon core that my music files are in the Innous?

If you are running Core on the NUC you would then have to set the Innuos to run as a Roon endpoint.  The Innuos should then show up as an audio output in Roon... and you would just play to it.  

Ah but your music files are on the Innuos.  You'd have to set the Innuos as a storage location for Roon Core to scan.  Go to Storage and create a new storage location and point that to the shared music folder on the Innuos box.  My question would be whether that folder is still accessible if the Innuos is running only as a Roon Player.  I guess it is if you can browse to it and place music there.  

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

52 minutes ago, soares said:

Thank you for the explanation. I was aware of that 🙂

The issue is that I don't know how to "point" the storage location...

It should be something using "\\...\...", but I have no clue of what should I indicate.

Sorry that I stated the obvious.  My guess is that you would use the SMB notation as defined here:

https://kb.roonlabs.com/FAQ:_What's_the_best_way_to_configure_my_NAS_for_Roon%3F

The Innuos is essentially serving as a NAS location too.

I would try:

smb://ip address of your Innuos/Music/folder

You should make sure your Innuos has a reserved IP so the IP address doesn’t change.

If your NUC is running Windows, the notation with the slashes going the other way should work.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

3 hours ago, soares said:

Thank you so much. It worked!!!

I’m happy to hear that this worked for you.  Thanks also for sharing your thoughts on OM and Cisco switch.