IGNORED

Amazon Echo Link Stream Now Available

TAV

No digital out, so you are stuck with their DAC. I'll stay with Chromecast Audio. 

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

Crown XLi 1500 powering  AV123 Rocket UFW10 stereo subwoofers

Upgraded power on all switches, renderer and DAC.

• 2 weeks later...

Although the Amazon device forums are lacking technical specifications I’ve learned the Echo Link will output via Toslink, SPDIF analog RCA jacks and has an onboard headphone amp, with a 3.5 mm headphone jack. Both the Toslink and SPDIF outputs are active simultaneously. The device also has an Ethernet connection, inputs from Toslink, SPDIF & analog RCA jacks. Only one input is active at a time. The device must be controlled by an Echo device, the Link does not respond to commands directly, although it can be controlled from the Alexa app on a smart phone. The Link has a volume control and its 10 o’clock position outputs “full volume”, but then the volume level from the link is not controllable from an Echo device. 

20 hours ago, Sounds2Good said:

Although the Amazon device forums are lacking technical specifications I’ve learned the Echo Link will output via Toslink, SPDIF analog RCA jacks and has an onboard headphone amp, with a 3.5 mm headphone jack. Both the Toslink and SPDIF outputs are active simultaneously. The device also has an Ethernet connection, inputs from Toslink, SPDIF & analog RCA jacks. Only one input is active at a time. The device must be controlled by an Echo device, the Link does not respond to commands directly, although it can be controlled from the Alexa app on a smart phone. The Link has a volume control and its 10 o’clock position outputs “full volume”, but then the volume level from the link is not controllable from an Echo device. 

Curious if you've had an opportunity to asses the sound quality.  I'm currently using a Sonos Connect as well as an Allo Digione would love to know how this Amazon unit compares.