IGNORED

I need help with a HEADPHONE recommendation, please . .

You might consider sacrificing the noise cancellation and Bluetooth in exchange for what might be fairly described as headphones for audiophiles who don't have much money or who don't want a super expensive pair banging around the airport.  PSB has a pair for $300 that give a passive noise-cancelling seal around the ear and will sound much better than those with the features you describe.  (Both active noise cancellation and bluetooth have a price in terms of both sound quality and dollars.)  I use mine on the plane, my son uses his on the subway--two thumbs up!  They're carried by both hifi shops and Amazon.

15 hours ago, sockpit said:

Thank you. Can you pass the model number on to me, please.

Good news!  The price has come down (I'm almost certain that I paid $300 a few years ago, and they are in Wirecutter as a top choice for $300).  We have not had the durability issues mentioned, ours have been very rugged.  Also note that you can get the noise cancellation version for well under $300.  I still think you are better off without noise cancellation, even if both were the same price.  Rock on!

https://www.amazon.com/PSB-M4U-1-GRAY-Performance-Headphones/dp/B00AFUF2EE/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1544304019&sr=8-3&keywords=psb+headphone