IGNORED

Extreme dual PC computer audio setup shootout between AudioLinux and Windows Server 2019

• 1 month later...
39 minutes ago, FelipeRolim said:

If someone who doesn't have financial constraints (because it costs more) to hear a Windows and doesn't think better than this AudioLinux or any other Linux (I tried everything I could), this can only mean two things: either the owner didn't know how to properly adjust the Windows/the computer, or the person simply has no ears...

There can be little doubt when an XMOS interface is used midway to the DAC because this interface works very well with Linux. Normally, however, only the fact that the manufacturer provides native specific drivers for Windows already allows playback to take a few steps toward Windows (it's a trend, not a rule). Some time ago, influenced by reading (it's amazing how reading creates "needs" in people who make no sense), I tried everything. There's no success in front of a well-adjusted Windows, and my computer has been stoned for more than five years.

I don't say this because of AudioLinux, specifically, but because of any Linux (from the "ready" solutions - Daphile and others - to those I tried to adjust for myself). They are simply not good for audio, which I don't consider a Windows "win", since they have price (and optimization software as well), while Linux is free. I also don't write this in defense of the Fidelizer, because I don't use it. I say this because music isn't just detailed sound (which Linux has), music isn't just defined bass (which Linux has), music isn't just an excellent sound stage (which Linux has). Music needs to deliver life, excitement, have as much textures as possible, richer harmonics, and these things, Linux doesn't have. True music is the one we hear with our ears, but we feel with the body, with the heart, and so they convey us expressiveness, emotion, life. I don't like presentations that make it look like we're behind a glass, which, though perfectly translucent, still gets in the way. After years trying a lot of things, and even if I wanted Linux to play better, it didn't. So, I use Windows, which "removes the glass"...

And I repeat: I'm impressed to see how the internet (and especially the forums) create "needs" in people. It's the turn of the Uptone, it's the turn of the SOtM, it's the turn of the Linux, it's the turn of the NUC, it's the turn of the clocked switches, it's the turn of the HQPlayer (because ONLY DSD512 can deliver a really analog sound!). Pure nonsense. I'm always waiting for the next "discovery". In any case, don't forget: music is emotion. Feel it, don't just listen to it.

Ohh no not one more guy who thinks he knows everything about sound and how it should sound,

Please stop saying the one ting sound bad,
and one thing sounds Best,
it's ALL ABOUT PERSONAL TASTE