IGNORED

Salk Streamplayer Gen III

davide256

I own this... I’m very happy with it.  I decided on it over the small green computer version (even though it cost more), due to the fact if I had an issue with the install (which I did!), I knew Jim’s excellent customer service would be worth its weight in gold. 

I feed reed mine directly to a Benchmark DAC3 HGC powered by the Benchmark AHB2 Amp.  

I also own Salk Song 3 Encores.  This setup hits the sound vs price point plateau for me.

JD

4 hours ago, rodrigaj said:

I'm having a hard time understanding what this device does. Is the Salk Streamplayer intended to sit by your DAC in the music room and act like a Roon endpoint, or is it intended to be used as you would a SonicTransporter and act as a Roon server and NAS device combined?

Yes, the latter... it’s your server for Roon Core and the SSD for music storage. It’s not an endpoint like, say a Bluesound Node 2i.

JD

No built in Dac, she needs to go via usb to a Dac... in my case, I’m using the Benchmark I mentioned above.

All of this can be confusing, especially if you’re not a computer weenie (which I for one, am not :) ).

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask. 

JD

No built in Dac, she needs to go via usb to a Dac... in my case, I’m using the Benchmark I mentioned above.

All of this can be confusing, especially if you’re not a computer weenie (which I for one, am not :) ).

I should also ad that it’s basically a computer that looks like a stereo component.  You won’t need to use a computer (for your music), when using this.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask. 

JD